• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in the Petey camp, chestnut shirts absolutely rock. They are my fave travel shirts, can wear them at the beach, to dinner, around town, just always feel like they look great and are easy and comfortable to wear. love my micrograph, and both striped linens that I have.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got these and the Sateen is incredible. Hard to choose bw Gorecki, Plaza and Richmond cuts.

20231014_141848.jpg

zer0tails

Reaction score
Just got the bellows jacket, the shop sent me the last M after it sold out online. Definitely an all timer top 5 piece for me going back to the first drop. 245 for this jacket is insanity.
Hi @dalevy would you mind sharing some sizing advice for the bellows jacket? It’s my first ever 18east piece and I want to get it right since I have no previous sizing reference in this brand.

Looking at the measurements both the M and L would fit. And so I’m not sure which is the right one.

Typically for outerwear I’m between an M and L depending if they fit slim or oversized. For hoodies, crewneck sweaters I wear an L and XL for tshirt. I’m 5”10 and 185 pounds.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

jaaz16

Reaction score
I don’t have this but my gut says L. I’m a little smaller than you and take M as my TTS in just about everything from the brand.

zer0tails

Reaction score
I'm starting to chicken out and leaning towards the M. I measured every jacket in my closet and even the most relaxed fitting ones are still an inch smaller in the chest to the Bellows jacket.

Is this the right approach? Or is the 18 east fit something that goes against conventional wisdom and you just need to trust rather than looking at measurements?

chickenfark

Reaction score
I'm starting to chicken out and leaning towards the M. I measured every jacket in my closet and even the most relaxed fitting ones are still an inch smaller in the chest to the Bellows jacket.

Is this the right approach? Or is the 18 east fit something that goes against conventional wisdom and you just need to trust rather than looking at measurements?
trust papa tony. never regretted going a size up, and have regretted going 'tts' based on measurements a couple times.

jaaz16

Reaction score
It's no problem to ask questions, especially when they are reasonable (and you're at least willing to listen to the advice offered). I think that's the right size, so hope it works out for you, and if not, sometimes it takes a little trial and error. We've all been there!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads