• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome! That nylon Kurta is from 2 summers ago I believe, but there's normally a Kurta or two every summer and there have been a few different iterations over the years. I don't remember there ever being Kurta's being included as a set with pajama bottoms though.

IMO the fabrics are one of the strengths of the brand, and there tend to be quite a few printed and embroidered shirts in the summer drops. The linen shirts are fantastic as well.
Awesome, I'll keep a watch on this thread then, this gives me something to look forward to.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LTTP for 18East, but I'm intrigued by this brand.

I've had family visit India and have had access to indian fabrics, but the designs and cuts always suck and are too slim.

I found this one pretty cool, and seems to be right up my alley. Full nylon though, wouldn't that be sticky and sweaty?

Are full kurta pyjama sets sold often? If so, when do those drop?

How about printed or embroidered shirts for summer? This one seems cool, but it also sold out.

I tried on that nylon kurta before and it was light and felt cool to the touch, I don't think it'd be sticky or sweaty but I didn't keep it. That was the only kurta that had matching pants though it was the zip off trek (climbing) pants and not pajama pants.

The brand had full pajama sets with a traditional pajama shirt and pants (no kurta) in the early drops but that was discontinued entirely because it didn't sell well. I'm sad I gained weight and no longer fit mine.

I think the only embroidered shirt was the kantha stitch ones and there have been block printed and some other printed shirts.

airhead

Reaction score
Also biggest surprise is how slept on the Mater jacket in the wool blend boucle has been. Without a doubt my favorite thing from the drop. Weight/wear wise its the prefect transitional outerwear piece. It's light and open but textural and warm. I've worn the sample a ton since it came in.

being a bit smaller than the usual 18e outerwear was the thing for me that made me hesitate. decided to grab one anyone and hoping I'll like the fit!

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
being a bit smaller than the usual 18e outerwear was the thing for me that made me hesitate. decided to grab one anyone and hoping I'll like the fit!
The faux fleece Mater also measured smaller than I expected on the charts, but it fits perfect in my regular size.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Shelter pants just arrived and the fit is great. I had an earlier iteration and they tapered a little too much. Not sure if it was just that pair or what, but these fit perfectly.

@NickPollica - you sure we can't get these in an undyed version?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shelter pants just arrived and the fit is great. I had an earlier iteration and they tapered a little too much. Not sure if it was just that pair or what, but these fit perfectly.

@NickPollica - you sure we can't get these in an undyed version?
earlier iteration? This is the first time we’ve ever run this style.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jian single pleats and Sam shirts in rifle green and black Khadi next week.
DB025F00-F230-4080-B0C8-2E312CDDDAA0.jpeg
AE16684F-395F-4523-9AB7-C674CC11F612.jpeg
1B1FF1FB-D453-4B45-BF70-86B16852238C.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on that nylon kurta before and it was light and felt cool to the touch, I don't think it'd be sticky or sweaty but I didn't keep it. That was the only kurta that had matching pants though it was the zip off trek (climbing) pants and not pajama pants.

The brand had full pajama sets with a traditional pajama shirt and pants (no kurta) in the early drops but that was discontinued entirely because it didn't sell well. I'm sad I gained weight and no longer fit mine.

I think the only embroidered shirt was the kantha stitch ones and there have been block printed and some other printed shirts.
Damn, that's unfortunate. Maybe too ethnic looking for western audiences, but that'd be right up my alley.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads