• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bearjohnson

Reaction score
What's you guys' experience with the shipping speed of 18 East?

I'm moving to a different country on Jan 15, and I'm wondering if I should order the NYE drop to the international address (and pay customs/international shipping fee) or if I should risk it for the biscuit and hope the order gets to my US address in 2 weeks?

Also, international 18 Eastheads, how long does it usually take your items to arrive?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm moving to a different country on Jan 15, and I'm wondering if I should order the NYE drop to the international address (and pay customs/international shipping fee) or if I should risk it for the biscuit and hope the order gets to my US address in 2 weeks?

Also, international 18 Eastheads, how long does it usually take your items to arrive?

Shippings been sloooow and it's taken 1 month+ to receive packages. That said they mentioned switching to Shopify warehouse or whatever it was called where shipping times should be much faster now as the goods are stored at a warehouse (I think) and the workers there will pack and ship it out instead of people at the store. This was just implemented and I think NYE orders are the first time it will be done this way so it is a crapshoot. I probably wouldn't do it or send it to a friends/family place just in case.

You're able to move countries during the pandemic? That's pretty cool, are you a citizen of the country you're moving to or it's for school?

Renphie

Reaction score
Shippings been sloooow and it's taken 1 month+ to receive packages. That said they mentioned switching to Shopify warehouse or whatever it was called where shipping times should be much faster now as the goods are stored at a warehouse (I think) and the workers there will pack and ship it out instead of people at the store. This was just implemented and I think NYE orders are the first time it will be done this way so it is a crapshoot. I probably wouldn't do it or send it to a friends/family place just in case.

You're able to move countries during the pandemic? That's pretty cool, are you a citizen of the country you're moving to or it's for school?

I was curious about how shipping has been for others during this month as I purchased a hoodie back on November 20 and haven't heard anything since, including no response to an email I sent them.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious about how shipping has been for others during this month as I purchased a hoodie back on November 20 and haven't heard anything since, including no response to an email I sent them.

Antonio had mentioned a problem with the hoodie shipment a while back in here, think he said it was stolen or some went missing. You can maybe message him here or call the store. I haven't purchased anything since October or early November, but I received everything I ordered.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Antonio had mentioned a problem with the hoodie shipment a while back in here, think he said it was stolen or some went missing. You can maybe message him here or call the store. I haven't purchased anything since October or early November, but I received everything I ordered.

The box was returned to the embroiderer - open - with no note, anything on Friday. This is what we deal with with USPS. We should have them in hand tomorrow and they will go out immediately. So sorry about this!

Bearjohnson

Reaction score

I ordered a navy pionta shirt on the 10th and it still haven't shipped. Also no response from the customer service.
But it sounds like the 18 East team has their hands full with this the missing hoodies and the NYE drop.

You can still move to a different country. I have to quarantine for two weeks, get tested before/after I leave the US etc.. and it varies from country to country (Singapore makes your dog quarantine as well apparently) but it's still doable.

And yeah, I don't want to risk it. It's gonna suck having to pay higher shipping fees and the customs taxes, but I think I'm gonna have to ship to my international address then.

Last edited:

kevinfinnerty

Reaction score

I would get it shipped to a friend in the states, this way worst comes to worst, someone in the states will get it. then if your gone, they can ship to you. best case, you get it before you go.

thesilentist

Reaction score
I ordered a navy pionta shirt on the 10th and it still haven't shipped. Also no response from the customer service.
But it sounds like the 18 East team has their hands full with this the missing hoodies and the NYE drop.

My double knees from Dec 10 haven't shipped yet AFAIK. I don't bother to email CS in situations like this because I always assume they're crazy backed up and adding another email to the queue won't help get things shipped faster. I've worked CS and order fulfillment for a small company before and it's tedious. I can't imagine having to do it at the volume 18E is doing right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads