• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
The sleeve and body length look OK, but IMO seems too tight in the chest, as I think the jacket works best if it's looser.

I agree with @ChetB that it seems your "true" size isn't the way to go with 18E, and one size up might be better in general, but ultimately it's up to you to decide what you're most comfortable with.
yea well maybe its because I’m stocky (5’7 150-160lbs) thats why the length of the sleeves r fine which is usually the issue with most jackets that I buy. the thing is the length fits but sometimes I tend to fill out the width tho I still have room with this jacket. the chest is 23 inches and usually my outerwear has 22 inch chest.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what your regular alpha size is? Is it a Medium but you went with S for this one? I’m debating if I should get S or XS and I’m shorter than you
I have a lot of 18E outerwear, including earlier seasons Bal coat, and it’s all M except the Lamar I went with a S.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
I have a lot of 18E outerwear, including earlier seasons Bal coat, and it’s all M except the Lamar I went with a S.
do u have the mater jacket or the banks utility jacket? you’re over 6 feet and your true size is a size medium in 18E.

Mrbutchsanders

Reaction score
First time since my first few purchases (since had to sell) that I've gone with my smaller size on the Lamar coat... crazy how much it feels weird to do that. Hopefully I didn't go too small

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not tried the Banks

I have Iascaire Fishing jacket, ArkAir parka, indigo tweed Bal, Prospect Parka, Mater fleece zip, chittenden parka, and a couple Osman jackets. All M with plenty of room.

Unrelated note- we are coming up on the fifth anniversary of the first drop, right? I believe it was September 2018.

malikadog

Reaction score
I know I’m late to the party, but I’m thinking about picking up the Khadi patchwork Prospect parka. I’ve had my eye on it for a while and the timing feels right. Anyone got any photos or sizing insight? Also wondering if anyone has fit pics of the Shelter pants. Cheers!

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Iascaire Fishing jacket, ArkAir parka, indigo tweed Bal, Prospect Parka, Mater fleece zip, chittenden parka, and a couple Osman jackets. All M with plenty of room.
@#dadcore - I hope you don't mind me reposting as it might answer a few sizing questions regarding the Lamar coat

7dd5aada-0043-4255-9d22-20f448e4d6b9-jpeg.1878529

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
The sleeve and body length look OK, but IMO seems too tight in the chest, as I think the jacket works best if it's looser.

I agree with @ChetB that it seems your "true" size isn't the way to go with 18E, and one size up might be better in general, but ultimately it's up to you to decide what you're most comfortable with.
dadcore is 6’2 48-50 jacket size and wears a sz medium in the mater jacket which is the same silhouette as the Banks jacket and im 5’7 48 jacket size 😩

airhead

Reaction score
not sure if this is helpful for people but also have last year's lamar and went my normal size. it's very roomy/oversized and i don't think i would have picked out this large a fit if i'd grabbed it in person. that said, i've really liked the fit and get a ton of comments from people so i'd say don't be afraid of going with your normal size and embracing the oversized look

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea well maybe its because I’m stocky (5’7 150-160lbs) thats why the length of the sleeves r fine which is usually the issue with most jackets that I buy. the thing is the length fits but sometimes I tend to fill out the width tho I still have room with this jacket. the chest is 23 inches and usually my outerwear has 22 inch chest.
For what it’s worth I’m 5’6” 145-150 and almost all my 18E tops are M, especially if I have any plans to machine wash them ever

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the banks jacket is nylon so it wont shrink. also it has the silhoutte to the mater jacket.

At the end of the day it’s your purchase, however at this point it just sounds like you’re just asking the chat for validation that the S looks good when the majority opinion (mine included) appears to be to take the size up

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@R3V3RI3 a few things to consider:

Just because small tops fit your upper body and medium bottoms fit your lower body it does not necessarily mean you should get those sizes. You have to look at the overall silhouette. The mismatch in sizes can make you look bottom heavy. Outerwear is much more forgiving, tshirts a lot less so. If that's what you're going for, that's great and you can disregard the above.

You wear a medium in EG pants? EG runs large, I take a medium in their pants and a large in 18E. I think a lot of people size down in EG. So you may effectively be wearing a difference of 2 sizes in tops and bottoms.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
@R3V3RI3 a few things to consider:

Just because small tops fit your upper body and medium bottoms fit your lower body it does not necessarily mean you should get those sizes. You have to look at the overall silhouette. The mismatch in sizes can make you look bottom heavy. Outerwear is much more forgiving, tshirts a lot less so. If that's what you're going for, that's great and you can disregard the above.

You wear a medium in EG pants? EG runs large, I take a medium in their pants and a large in 18E. I think a lot of people size down in EG. So you may effectively be wearing a difference of 2 sizes in tops and bottoms.
i’m a xsmall to small in EG tops and Small in EG bottoms.

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bunch of older stuff just went up on the site under the "Warehouse" tab. Grabbed the indigo/ecru/espresso roomet, psyched for that. fall is almost upon us!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads