• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

░░░░░░░░░░ The Sleekest Wallet ░░░░░░░░░░

Made in California

Reaction score
I was in the Gucci store the other day looking for baby monogram shoes when I happened across the following wallet:

233148_A490N_1000_zoom.jpg

I absolutely love this wallet because it is SO stream-lined. It is literally exactly what I need as I carry some cash, less than 6 cards total and no change (why would I?). I have never seen a wallet like this that is basically a standard bi-fold with the top chopped off and slightly narrower.

There are only a couple of issues, however they're big issues:

1. It has the interlocking 'G' on the front. I'd feel like an a-hole busting it out, especially considering I'd be using it all the time and I can think of plenty of scenarios where having an obnoxious logo like that can backfire.

2. It's $170, which is more than I'd like to pay for a black bi-fold.

So my questions are as follows:

A) Can I or a leather expert remove the 'G' from the front of this wallet? I can't imagine they could because you would have the glue residue underneath still.

B) Where can I find an alternative to this super-sleek, minimalistic bi-fold?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dont know about B, but A - cant be done. Im sure there will be an imprint in the leather if you take it off, and probably a hole too.

But how the hell did you get the title of this thread to do that?

videocrew

Reaction score
I have seen literally hundreds of wallets like this in my life, ranging from $10-$1000. This cannot possibly be hard to find.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the same exact style wallet, except that it also had a nice compartment for my ID card, at TJ Maxx for about $12.

ivormiric

Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
I have seen literally hundreds of wallets like this in my life, ranging from $10-$1000. This cannot possibly be hard to find.

you're right, I bought myn a while ago..I think it set me back (60 or 70AUD) not too expensive, let me know if you want one, might be able to send 1 over

P1030432.jpg

P1030434.jpg

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Bosca wallet from the Rack for $20 and it's even sleeker, and black, with no logo. Thin and wonderful. No need to pay Gucci's outrageous price.

emptym

Reaction score
In the 80's, eelskin wallets were all the rage because they were supposed to be thin, and light.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
So my questions are as follows: B) Where can I find an alternative to this super-sleek, minimalistic bi-fold?
At Dollarama. Price $1.00 (It may have gone up to $1.50) Buttery soft leather too. No joke.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a danier wallet, black italian leather 15 bucks
and it holds more items

170 on a wallet is ridiculous

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I got the same exact style wallet, except that it also had a nice compartment for my ID card, at TJ Maxx for about $12.
I am realizing based on the some of the responses that it would have been good if I had been more specific. After having a very compact black wallet with 3 cards slots and display (purchased at a Coach outlet), I have since decided that I do not want a wallet with a display slot. It ends up being more of an inconvenience than a convenience in the long run. To be more exact, the wallet would have - 4 horizontal card slots - No display - Barely wide enough for dollar bills - Good quality leather - The color is not extremely important. Black is okay, but I would also like (or even prefer) espresso or blue or an exotic like alligator. The primary concern is the shape. I mention the quality of the leather as a factor because I am currently using what I consider to be a pretty nice Boregart wallet, and I'd feel odd paying for a large downgrade in quality.
confused.gif

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
Just bought a Bosca wallet from the Rack for $20 and it's even sleeker, and black, with no logo. Thin and wonderful. No need to pay Gucci's outrageous price.

I'm on the Bosca website right now in the bi-fold section, but I can't find what you're talking about. Is the one you have on their website?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads