• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli - 3 COLOURWAYS ALREADY GOOD TO GO

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Agree that the burgundy one looks very nice too. He ordered a bit for his shop too. The pictures I just attached are from that stock, so you should still be able to get that one.

I think the 1st of July date is from email exchanges between Cleav and Patrizio at the time Patrizio actually put in the order with the weaver. I didn't put a precise delivery date in the OP to allow for some delay at the weavers. I mentioned weaving in June plus another 1 or 2 weeks to make the ties. So I was expecting them to be shipped out by mid July at the latest.

Still nice to know Patrizio is trying hard to make up for the delay in delivery of the fabrics and working to get the ties shipped out early July. I will actually be at his shop on Friday July 4 and will take some pictures of my ties and attach them here.

Yeah, no stress from me on timings (!)

It was such a pleasant surprise as I'd clean forgotten about these ties, how could I? :)

So, you're dropping by on Friday, that will be excellent I'm sure. :drool: Seeing anyone else while you're around?

C&A

Reaction score

Yeah, no stress from me on timings (!)

It was such a pleasant surprise as I'd clean forgotten about these ties, how could I? :)

So, you're dropping by on Friday, that will be excellent I'm sure. :drool: Seeing anyone else while you're around?

Yes, I'll be meeting up with T4Phage and am planning on some fabric shopping probably at Caccioppoli, Magnifique and maybe some others. Apart from Patrizio Cappelli, we will be meeting with two shirt makers, in any case with Anna Matuozzo and if time permits also an unknown one in the Spanish quarter, a tailor and with the shoe maker Antonio Meccariello. And of course there will be plenty of time for food. I will take my camera with me now and will take some pictures to attach on SF; if anyone has a request for pictures of specific fabrics at Cappelli just let me know and I will do my best.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yes, I'll be meeting up with T4Phage and am planning on some fabric shopping probably at Caccioppoli, Magnifique and maybe some others. Apart from Patrizio Cappelli, we will be meeting with two shirt makers, in any case with Anna Matuozzo and if time permits also an unknown one in the Spanish quarter, a tailor and with the shoe maker Antonio Meccariello. And of course there will be plenty of time for food. I will take my camera with me now and will take some pictures to attach on SF; if anyone has a request for pictures of specific fabrics at Cappelli just let me know and I will do my best.

Now that sounds like a real trip :slayer:

God's speed, C&A, God's speed!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just received these. Photography is not Patrizio's strongest point I'm afraid. The pictures look a bit off and Patrizio added that the burgundy in real life doesn't look brown as in this picture. Also the green and navy one are much nicer in real life he assured me. His personal favorite is the navy/pink one.

I'm in for #1. What did I put myself down for before?

Looking to improve

Reaction score

Yes, I'll be meeting up with T4Phage [...] And of course there will be plenty of time for food.

Have I mentioned hating you yet?

Seriously though, watch out for your waistline: T4 likes his food. You can try bribing him with baba should the need arise :teach: .

And Caccioppoli as well... Hmmm :devil:

MtB

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a tease
something
i saw when
i took a ride
to teh past
in teh delorean.....

18hg20.jpg

a warm weather
tie.....

etostano

Reaction score
Just picked up the navy/pink visiting Patrizio in his shop. I'm afraid my iPhone photo might not be any better than @C&A's above, but he mentioned that I was the first to receive one and that I should post it, so how can I refuse?

On my phone the background appears quite purple, but I would say in real life it is much less so. Of course, your monitors may vary. The white spot is an artifact of flash, not a glaring flaw in the silk.

Last edited:

C&A

Reaction score

Just picked up the navy/pink visiting Patrizio in his shop. I'm afraid my iPhone photo might not be any better than @C&A's above, but he mentioned that I was the first to receive one and that I should post it, so how can I refuse?

On my phone the background appears quite purple, but I would say in real life it is much less so. Of course, your monitors may vary. The white spot is an artifact of flash, not a glaring flaw in the silk.

Thanks for that. Hahaha, I was actually hoping to see the ties when I was at his shop on Friday, but they were all still in the workshop then.

C&A - when should I expect to receive the two ties I ordered?

He told me most of the special run ties came back from the workshop yesterday and the remainder should be ready this week. He actually just sent me an email confirmation of the shipment of all the ties were ordered by Dutch clients.

And he should now also be sending out the ties to the other people that ordered the garza special run any day now. I suggest you send him an email at "patriziocappelli [at] libero dot it" to get confirmation when he will send out your tie and get the UPS tracking number.

Last edited:

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for that. Hahaha, I was actually hoping to see the ties when I was at his shop on Friday, but they were all still in the workshop then.
He told me most of the special run ties came back from the workshop yesterday and the remainder should be ready this week. He actually just sent me an email confirmation of the shipment of all the ties were ordered by Dutch clients.

And he should now also be sending out the ties to the other people that ordered the garza special run any day now. I suggest you send him an email at "patriziocappelli [at] libero dot it" to get confirmation when he will send out your tie and get the UPS tracking number.

FYI, Patrizio told me yesterday that my ties are ready and that they will be shipped today. Or already have been shipped by now.... :slayer:

C&A

Reaction score
‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli - 3 COLOURWA...

AI just received the ties for the Dutch members that participated in this special run.

suha2e8u.jpg

aresyhe5.jpg

u2yvy7un.jpg

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's the colour combo of the one in the top right please?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads