• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Appr 23:20 if you want to fast fwd.,

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Good showing by Bivol!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could really see Bivol's extensive record as an amateur in that fight. It was like watching one of those great Cuban amateurs. He really schooled Canelo who was reduced to trying to throw bombs and hope they landed. Bivol had superb ring IQ: he totally controlled the distance, he managed the rhythm of the fight, and his use of the jab was masterful. Mind you, his combinations were pretty dangerous too. Canelo looked too pumped up, awkward, slow and heavy at this weight. He's the best Super-Middleweight in the world by far, and he can still cut down to middle if he has too (although I don't think it's his weight anymore either). But I think light heavy is a step too far for someone of his height and frame. People were thinking that he could do it because he beat Kovalev, but Kovalev was already well on the slide. Bivol is in his prime.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bivol has always been awesome and shockingly underrated. Watch him destroy Joe Smith and Jean Pascal to confirm.

But he's also a terrible style match-up for Canelo. He may have some of the quickest feet in all of boxing, and almost robotic discipline in terms of his boxing schooling.

Canelo will always struggle with people with quick feet and good pure boxing skills.

I legite think he'd have more of a chance against Beterbiev than Bivol.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just saw a vid that says that Canelo will fight GGG next!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GGG is over the hill and Canelo is naturally so much bigger now. I can't see GGG winning, but one can hope...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GGG is over the hill and Canelo is naturally so much bigger now. I can't see GGG winning, but one can hope...

I always thought GGG was overrated.

I was at MSG(Madison Sq Garden) for GGG vs Jacobs.

While I didn't think Jacobs would win, he seemed to flurry 30 seconds before the ending of each round and thought that would get him the benefit. It surely didn't.

But GGG did nothing amazing and the fight was one decent boxer vs a boxer with just a "little more".

GGG is nothing special.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought GGG was overrated.

The one thing GGG is not, is overrated. He's rated just as high as he should be. He was an absolutely devastating fighter of the old school and a natural middleweight who would have been a top fighter in any era. He perhaps didn't fight all of the fighters he should have done, but that's because many of the other top fighters and their trainers saw him fight, realised they didn't have a chance, and then spent years avoiding him, Canelo included – until GGG was clearly in decline. And he is certainly in decline now - the Jacobs fight was the first obvious sign of that, as you should realise if you have followed his career. But he still beat Jacobs even then, and he's still beating people now, even if he's slower and doesn't move his feet well any more.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What a shame.

My favorite fighters of all time are:
-Pernell Whitaker
-Marvelous Marvin Hagler
-Macho Camacho

(They just happen to all be southpaw. I boxed a bit and am not a southpaw. Just a coincidence.)

jack webb

Reaction score

What a shame.

My favorite fighters of all time are:
-Pernell Whitaker
-Marvelous Marvin Hagler
-Macho Camacho

(They just happen to all be southpaw. I boxed a bit and am not a southpaw. Just a coincidence.)
They all just happen to be dead too. Who are your three favorite SF posters?
Nah, forget it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads