• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is one cool slutty tee. I love the lenght as well as the neck.

iluvatar

Reaction score
New jacket! Yay spring!

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

working stiff, I'm not sure what's going on there but I like it.

Thanks! Not pictured is I stole your hair.

Also what's going on is a waxed linen blazer with cropped sleeves, no buttons, no chest pocket, absolutely no structure at all; from Ruins, a small label out of Toronto / Berlin. It's really nice but I can't capture it at all in my phone camera so you'll just have to imagine.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been a long time no post... something recent :)

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Not pictured is I stole your hair.

Also what's going on is a waxed linen blazer with cropped sleeves, no buttons, no chest pocket, absolutely no structure at all; from Ruins, a small label out of Toronto / Berlin. It's really nice but I can't capture it at all in my phone camera so you'll just have to imagine.

Nice. The jacket reminds me of something Assembly NY would make. I tried to check out Ruins' site, but it looks like they're away "exploring new worlds." I guess that means they're venturing into cookware or real estate.

fishbones

Reaction score
my wardrobe is slowly turning into all trompe l'oeil

7we2O1S.jpg

Talking About the Abstraction weird shirt
Talking About the Abstraction printed sweatpants
Balenciaga

Kyle, you're making me want to sell all of my Ervell and wear all Talking About the Abstraction and Cosmic Wonder.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No don't

Only Kyle can pull off such a cosmic look leaving us wondering and talking about the abstraction.

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Did not quote, but this post obviously in response to Bam!CD

Last I heard they were developing a new line of ergonomic office accessories.

No but so, about 2 years ago Ruins opened up as a small clothing store in Toronto (where they carried Assembly NY and were the first (& only?) people in Toronto to do so). They also carried a local label called Thomas, who did sort of drapey black androgynous stuff. So then the guy from Thomas got together with the guy from Ruins to do a Ruins house label of "basics" with a bit of a darker twist. So the guy from Thomas bought the space above Ruins to use as his studio and they started making clothes. But then Ruins (the store) shut down to "explore new worlds," but the Ruins label still lives on upstairs just without a real storefront or marketing presence. And actually, I don't know, maybe Ruins (the label) no longer exists and this is from its last season and after this it will just be "Thomas".

But anyway, if you're walking along Queen St West in Toronto just a couple blocks East of Ossington there may ba a little sign on the sidewalk that says "Ruins" and you go up a narrow flight of stairs into a totally white-washed space with a few metal hangers of black clothing and that's Ruins and that's where I got this blazer and it's really great.

Last edited:

ghostface

Reaction score
Love the drifter jacket in that fit :nodding:

SO GOOD

MOAR !!

congrats, tegs.

fishbones, ghostface - great stuff.

I nominate ghostface for best new regular waywt contributor (maybe you've posted more before?). Great fits with a solid and focused aesthetic I don't think anyone else here pushes atm.

thanks everyone for the thumbs and kind words.

sev-- i can't believe you're selling your grey drifter. if anyone ever comes across one in 46/48 (which fit like 48/50), please let me know!

conceptionist-- thanks man, that's very nice of you to say.

stitches-- the texture on that blue blazer looks really nice.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thanks everyone for the thumbs and kind words.

stitches-- the texture on that blue blazer looks really nice.

it was well deserved.

thanks, ghost. it is pretty cool. i wish i knew what it was called. i just call it crepe, no idea if that is right.

fireflygrave

Reaction score
awesome fit working stiff, you give me hope that the IM blazer I bought that has super cropped sleeves can work :D

to clarify, i didn't realize the sleeves were cropped when I bought it ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads