• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who orders this stuff?

WOE's recent investigative piece:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 101622b.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Styleforum Waffle House erotic watch group buy?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Styleforum Waffle House erotic watch group buy?
Ordering your Waffle House "scattered, smothered, and covered" takes on a very different meaning when you add erotica into the mix...

pmeis

Reaction score
Didn't know you had a Submariner. Is it new to the collection? I picked up a new ND Sub last year and really like it!

Just picked it up at lunch today from a guy I know who decided that between his new Pepsi, his AP ROC and his Cartier (I think he has the same reference you're currently wearing), he had everything he needed (bless his soul). He had a price from a wholesaler and offered up to anybody in our local watch friend group for the same price (a bit less than buying one new with Tax) and it felt like it was the right time to give it a go. It's only about 8 months old. Sold my FXD and will sell something else to offset it.

Who knows if it's a long term keeper, but as much I like and prefer my off the beaten path watches, it is nice to have a classic around. Not sure I would care for a collection of them (in reference to my "boring menage" joke a few pages back), but one feels pretty good and not having to muck about with waiting lists and other BS at the right price made it appealing.

This would be my third go with a sub after owning an 114060 briefly in 2015 and a Hulk in 2017. This is my first time even touching one of the current gen versions and even though I never had a problem with the blockiness of the previous gen, this does feel proportionally nicer than those.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked it up at lunch today from a guy I know who decided that between his new Pepsi, his AP ROC and his Cartier (I think he has the same reference you're currently wearing), he had everything he needed (bless his soul). He had a price from a wholesaler and offered up to anybody in our local watch friend group for the same price (a bit less than buying one new with Tax) and it felt like it was the right time to give it a go. It's only about 8 months old. Sold my FXD and will sell something else to offset it.

Who knows if it's a long term keeper, but as much I like and prefer my off the beaten path watches, it is nice to have a classic around. Not sure I would care for a collection of them (in reference to my "boring menage" joke a few pages back), but one feels pretty good and not having to muck about with waiting lists and other BS at the right price made it appealing.

This would be my third go with a sub after owning an 114060 briefly in 2015 and a Hulk in 2017. This is my first time even touching one of the current gen versions and even though I never had a problem with the blockiness of the previous gen, this does feel proportionally nicer than those.
How do you feel about the solid vs hollow links? I'm looking at a 14060M and that's the big differentiator between the two I'm seeing with the 124060

pmeis

Reaction score
How do you feel about the solid vs hollow links? I'm looking at a 14060M and that's the big differentiator between the two I'm seeing with the 124060

I've spent almost zero time with a hollow linked Rolex...but I tend to appreciate/prioritize the feel or "solidity" of modern watches over older counterparts, even if I might prefer the aesthetics or proportions of some vintage versions more.

There are three big differentiators between five digit Rolexes (especially hollow link versions) and modern ones. The first is the aforementioned feel of the watch. The second being the size/proportions of the newer watches are more aggressive. The third being the overall shininess, which is mainly a product of the ceramic bezel and larger indexes.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hollywood execs, people that went to Epstein island, Sheikhs that practice Dubai Porta Potties?

Petrina-Ryan-Kleid-Parsing-Bill.jpg
lol. I had to look up Dubai porta potties. A tad different (and much better pay) from a Kandahar porta potty. Bing Bing Bing. But that’s Uncle Sam for you.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats! I just happened to be surprised by my AD, when he showed it to me and said it was for sale. I hadn't looked at a ND Sub in years. However, It has really grown on me. It's leaps and bounds in terms of quality in terms of bracelet, clasp, and endlinks of my first 2 Subs in the 90s, or even my Kermit with SEL bracelet but hollow links. It might be as you say a bit boring, but I find it such and easy, simple good looking watch to wear.

You usually go with stuff that is a bit off the beaten path, so that's why I was wondering if it was a recent addition. Congrats again and enjoy it.
The solid end links, solid bracelet links, and machined clasp with modern micro adjustments are a huge improvement over the 14060M. The bracelet and clasp just feel so much nicer and higher quality. Vintage watches have a certain charm and I have a few, it's just a matter of which watch will put a bigger smile on your face.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I just happened to be surprised by my AD, when he showed it to me and said it was for sale. I hadn't looked at a ND Sub in years. However, It has really grown on me. It's leaps and bounds in terms of quality in terms of bracelet, clasp, and endlinks of my first 2 Subs in the 90s, or even my Kermit with SEL bracelet but hollow links. It might be as you say a bit boring, but I find it such and easy, simple good looking watch to wear.

You usually go with stuff that is a bit off the beaten path, so that's why I was wondering if it was a recent addition. Congrats again and enjoy it.

The solid end links, solid bracelet links, and machined clasp with modern micro adjustments are a huge improvement over the 14060M. The bracelet and clasp just feel so much nicer and higher quality. Vintage watches have a certain charm and I have a few, it's just a matter of which watch will put a bigger smile on your face.
Yeah in terms of what I'm scoping out, the 14060M and the 124060 are the same price (assuming I get in line for retail) so I'm unsure of which is really the better pick there. I'm inclined to lean towards the 14060 but I might just get in line for the 124060 now.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered some FKM tropic straps from Aliexpress that arrived today. Identical in quality to my tropic rubber except 1/10th the price. The seller was Juelong.

Also had some stuff from Tuns Leather arrive. Same as Delugs in quality but about 40% less.

Definitely not Camille fournet lol, but nice enough especially for “fun” / wacky strap ideas.

I’ll post some pics of the green suede on the panerai once set up and the padded babele blue on the Roth.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrownUrge