• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Sport Of Kings swim shorts? Retail is north of $100, and seems reasonably well made.

F0E93ED6-06E3-430B-B68D-A1D16AB0134E.jpeg

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of cooking where the heck i @kbadgley84
Looooooong story, no more reselling/thrifting, in the middle of a divorce, moved back to palm beach after i got A job offer at a Platinum Rated club, recent member of the ACF (American Culinary Federation) started my Certified Executive Chef credentials, will be competing in competitions after season ends. That’s about it nothing groundbreaking lol

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looooooong story, no more reselling/thrifting, in the middle of a divorce, moved back to palm beach after i got A job offer at a Platinum Rated club, recent member of the ACF (American Culinary Federation) started my Certified Executive Chef credentials, will be competing in competitions after season ends. That’s about it nothing groundbreaking lol
there he is.

Sorry you’re going through that, broham! I’ll be in Palm Beach within the year so will have to say hello.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually it’s been the best thing to happen in a long time lol Yea man hit me up. Where you going to be staying down here?

No idea yet, but its on the cards! Will let you know when.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

was wondering why I hadn’t run into you in awhile. congrats on the certs.

florent

Reaction score
Rarely find oversize books like this. This one is a beautiful cookbook as well. Unfortunately it is, I believe in French but still a worthy coffeetable book at 17 by 12 and great pictures. I assume I can look up the recipes online somewhere. I know we have some chefs on here. Anything you can tell me. Google is also turning up French responses.
View attachment 2005779 View attachment 2005781
After a quick google search, it's indeed a french cookbook with pork-based recipes. The author doesn't seem to be particularly famous and the book is still available for ~€30. The drawings are pretty cool!

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Furniture guys, @330CK @impuntura , 1960s lane furniture surfboard coffee table. Should i refinish it, or sell as is View attachment 2005605 View attachment 2005607 View attachment 2005609 View attachment 2005611 View attachment 2005613
Agreed with @impuntura on this one in general: I have a 30' storage unit that is almost entirely filled with items "awaiting a bit of work", but I just took a load down to a live auction and blew them out as-is, for exactly the reasons Frenchy noted.

There's only so much time, and one of my kopping parameters now is what I call the DWF: the Deal-With Factor. So that's really a pure cost-benefit analysis. How much time and effort is it going to take in relation to the profit delta? In this case, it's tricky, as the resale prices for these Lane tables are all over the shop. If you're going for top dollar, you are more or less obliged to render that item pristine, but unless you're going to do it yourself, you've got a couple hundred bucks or more going into refinishing.

I see people asking a couple grand for these, but that's on Chairish or 1stDibs where the asking prices are usually bonkers and actual sold prices are much less. I think that for this one, @Letric's suggestion is spot on: a quick wipe down and clean-up with some tinted oil will get you halfway towards maxing out your resale price on a local sale with relatively little effort.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed with @impuntura on this one in general: I have a 30' storage unit that is almost entirely filled with items "awaiting a bit of work", but I just took a load down to a live auction and blew them out as-is, for exactly the reasons Frenchy noted.

There's only so much time, and one of my kopping parameters now is what I call the DWF: the Deal-With Factor. So that's really a pure cost-benefit analysis. How much time and effort is it going to take in relation to the profit delta? In this case, it's tricky, as the resale prices for these Lane tables are all over the shop. If you're going for top dollar, you are more or less obliged to render that item pristine, but unless you're going to do it yourself, you've got a couple hundred bucks or more going into refinishing.

I see people asking a couple grand for these, but that's on Chairish or 1stDibs where the asking prices are usually bonkers and actual sold prices are much less. I think that for this one, @Letric's suggestion is spot on: a quick wipe down and clean-up with some tinted oil will get you halfway towards maxing out your resale price on a local sale with relatively little effort.
I have a even simpler algorithm, or the Frenchy Delta as I'm going to call it now.
Use the little energy i have to make love to my gf or buff furniture....hmmm

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But seriously, I used to enjoy it and the satisfaction of doing a good job was almost as much reward as the extra dosh it would bring in but at some point I just said fukk it.
Let the next guy worry about it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member