• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

CLH03

Reaction score
Looking at a pair of cordovan indys and I see that they come with neo-cork by default. They'd be a winter boot for me, so do you need a cobbler to swap for commando soles or can they be added on top of the neo-cork? What's the cost for something like that?
The neocork will be fine in winter, and more comfortable than commando. If you’re set on changing them, you definitely need to take the neocork off. I think Aram charges around 280 or so to replace with commando

shoetree

Reaction score
Looking at a pair of cordovan indys and I see that they come with neo-cork by default. They'd be a winter boot for me, so do you need a cobbler to swap for commando soles or can they be added on top of the neo-cork? What's the cost for something like that?
the Shoe Mart sells cordovan indys on commando.

shoetree

Reaction score
IMG_8988.jpeg

👑 NST

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Anyone who owns both chime in?

I have US sized CJ Harvards (also 314 last) in the same size as my LHS. I have all sorts of LHS including the unlined shell BB loafers. The various LHS all fit roughly the same.

The heel is a minor consideration. The main difference is the instep, with the Harvard having more room above the instep. If one’s foot fails to fill the gap between the strap and the instep adequately, one is likely to experience heel slip. The Van last has a lower strap, but also a little more room for the toes.

barutanseijin

Reaction score

I wouldn’t bother. I took a pair of neocork Indy boots for an extended winter stay in Montreal (i.e., real winter with snow, ice, slush and lots of it) and they were just fine.

When my commando soles bite the dust, they will be replaced with neocork or double leather.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Adam,

The Shell Cordovan Indy Boots come on a wide variety of outsole options from across the Alden vendors. You should fairly easily be able to find them on Double Leather, Commando, or Neocork! You should also be able to find both with or without speed hooks, depending upon your preference! Hope that helps!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

It is my privilege to share with you all, one of my more recent acqusitions! The Ravello Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafer! A great feat that only Alden can perfect...

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafer -16.jpg

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafer -47.jpg

Alden Ravello Shell Cordovan Tassel Loafer -28.jpg

Go to my blog for more pictures and narrative!
-Mike

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads