• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Any important considerations between LVC 1936, the Bryceland's Type I, and the Freewheelers 1933?

Trying to get a type I and can't really decide what to go with since none of these are sold near me.

705060028-front-pdp-ld
type1-09_1600x.jpg

View attachment 2180397
The lvc is a crime not being made in USA and without cone denim. My vote is for the free wheelers

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any important considerations between LVC 1936, the Bryceland's Type I, and the Freewheelers 1933?

Trying to get a type I and can't really decide what to go with since none of these are sold near me.

705060028-front-pdp-ld
type1-09_1600x.jpg

View attachment 2180397
Of those, I'd be bias towards the Freewheelers if only cause I've owned a lot of their stuff before and its very well made. Would proxy for sure though given the exchange rate. Would also consider RMC. If you're not in total need of a flap pocket, the type 1 sans flap, and 4 laurel buttons instead of 5 standard buttons is very nice and would stand out even amongst regular type 1s.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would avoid LVC.

Freewheelers type I’s are really nice. Nice enough I actually own two of them (1946-47 and 1922). Personally prefer their denim to McCoys.

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
Yeah because of the LVC/MiUSA stuff I was also considering The Brander by Runabout.

The fact that it still says "pre-order" after more than a year from release, the complaints on IG about bad customer support, and the general lack of stock on the website makes me think that if I went for it I might not receive a jacket after all.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the best Brown's Beach jacket repro?
Most likely Fullcount. They make a variety of garments with the beach cloth. Not sure if they have the rights to the name, but they have a section of their site under browns beach. Sizing runs small per Japanese standards. The vests fit a little weird and I wished they worked for me heh.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely Fullcount. They make a variety of garments with the beach cloth. Not sure if they have the rights to the name, but they have a section of their site under browns beach. Sizing runs small per Japanese standards. The vests fit a little weird and I wished they worked for me heh.
What do you think about Freewheelers? They made a "Lumper" jacket in 2022 (I think) which was really cool. I never picked one up and I'm kicking myself.

Here is a link to it.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think about Freewheelers? They made a "Lumper" jacket in 2022 (I think) which was really cool. I never picked one up and I'm kicking myself.

Here is a link to it.
Funny enough I tried that jacket on in Japan in 2022 at Americaya in Ueno. Really nice jacket!

They made a Norfolk jacket in a beach cloth quite some time ago that was beautiful, wish they'd make it again.

IMG_5947.jpeg

RMC has made some beach cloth garments over the years as well that have been really nice, just not made as frequently.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny enough I tried that jacket on in Japan in 2022 at Americaya in Ueno. Really nice jacket!

They made a Norfolk jacket in a beach cloth quite some time ago that was beautiful, wish they'd make it again.

View attachment 2181247

RMC has made some beach cloth garments over the years as well that have been really nice, just not made as frequently.
What's the draw to beach cloth? Warmth? Style?

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the draw to beach cloth? Warmth? Style?
For me it's more the overall aesthetic of the weave and color variation of the fabric itself. Warmth wise I'd say they're more of a medium weight on their own unless layered so for fall seasons they're really nice.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Kyoto atm, went to Hoosier which was dope. It’s a bit out of the way but worth heading over. Dude is super chill and speaks good English. Bought a few things and he threw in some Freewheelers socks free lol. Have a real treasure trove of old season FW stuff piled up.

Went to Timeworn in Osaka yesterday too which was nice. Copped lot 212 denim. Widest (below the knee anyway) I’ve owned. Really nice cut in the top block. Stopped by the Warehouse store as it was nearby but slightly disappointing by comparison.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Kyoto atm, went to Hoosier which was dope. It’s a bit out of the way but worth heading over. Dude is super chill and speaks good English. Bought a few things and he threw in some Freewheelers socks free lol. Have a real treasure trove of old season FW stuff piled up.

Went to Timeworn in Osaka yesterday too which was nice. Copped lot 212 denim. Widest (below the knee anyway) I’ve owned. Really nice cut in the top block. Stopped by the Warehouse store as it was nearby but slightly disappointing by comparison.
I didn't realize there was a store selling freewheelers in Kyoto. I should head over on my day off, I always wanted to try some of their wares especially the jeans.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shellycharls9