• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nevaeh

Reaction score
My regrets:
- Jacket
-- wide lapel instead of standard lapel
-- wrong collar felt (Alcantara instead of default "Fabric" option – did not know that "Fabric" was available, was only given felt vs. Alcantara options)
-- unlined instead of butterfly lining (this is an unstructured jacket)

- Pants:
-- fishtail back instead of regular or sartorial curtain waistband
-- no AMF stitching on pants (AMF stitching will be applied to the jacket)

I ordered this 1 week before the full fledged Start From Scratch menu became available online. It has all the options except for the waistband and crotch saddle details. Should have just ordered this in an RTW size online with unfinished pants (hem). I feel so stupid but alas.

Crotch saddle details? Do they now let you place a saddle by default? I usually end up having my alterations tailor do that—but straight from the factory would be nice.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
I love it and that’s what matters ;) it’s the same when I worked there, I had to put my personal feelings aside and sell the things I didn’t like. I remember that jacket (giro Inglese) that is apparently Fokke’s favorite that looked disgusting to me but hey some loved it.

happy midsommar!

@Noblekostas Haha. In my opinion, that giro inglese blazer is one of the nicest, most stylish pieces SuSu ever offered. I get a lot of compliments every time I wear it.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Any experience recently with buyer's regret after ordering an MTM suit from the store? I commissioned a suit, production has started, and I really dislike some of my design choices... ugh.

Happens to me every time. But every time I receive the actual items, I am always happy. Remember, you made those choices the first time for a reason—and your first instinct is seldom wrong.

RavenBespoke

Reaction score
Just saw these Sahara jackets from SS, they look really nice, does somebody owns them?

W200100_1.jpg

W190221_1.jpg
I bought one of the first run in brown linen. As @masernaut says, it's definitely baggy, which can look at little at odds with the slimmer lapel. I don't mind it though, I like that there's a little more breathing room than a standard suit jacket on warmer days.

Davidos

Reaction score
Any experience recently with buyer's regret after ordering an MTM suit from the store? I commissioned a suit, production has started, and I really dislike some of my design choices... ugh.
After I ordered my suit a week ago I regretted not ordering rounded patch pockets instead of the standard. But now I don’t care, just looking forward to see the end result. What things do you regret choosing?

iurvox

Reaction score
Crotch saddle details? Do they now let you place a saddle by default? I usually end up having my alterations tailor do that—but straight from the factory would be nice.
It could be that my vocabulary was off. What I mean is that in the store with MTM, one of the final steps with suits/trousers is that you can choose whether in the inside of the pants, you want a semi-floating piece of extra fabric that reduces friction between the thighs. They have 3 options: none, medium, large. Large would be useful for those who bike a lot.
After I ordered my suit a week ago I regretted not ordering rounded patch pockets instead of the standard. But now I don’t care, just looking forward to see the end result. What things do you regret choosing?
Appreciate the feedback from this community. These are the things that I am doubtful of (earlier post):

nevaeh

Reaction score
It could be that my vocabulary was off. What I mean is that in the store with MTM, one of the final steps with suits/trousers is that you can choose whether in the inside of the pants, you want a semi-floating piece of extra fabric that reduces friction between the thighs. They have 3 options: none, medium, large. Large would be useful for those who bike a lot.

That sounds like a saddle! That’s a nice addition to their offerings.

Marc S

Reaction score
Went to the Dallas store last week to pick up my alterations on my Custom Made orders (lengthened sleeves).

Custom Made has taught me that the Lazio is not my best bet off the rack (sleeves too short and button stance a little high).

I know the Washington has longer sleeves and lower button stance, so I tried on an OTR Washington jacket while I was there. Thoughts on the fit?

The SA told me the jacket is about an inch too long.

Please note the pants are Bonobos and the rise is definitely LOW and also was wearing them a little low on top of that. So it throws off the proportions of the photo a bit.

2460851B-3FD8-4185-BC96-161B44492C41.jpeg

pomor

Reaction score
Went to the Dallas store last week to pick up my alterations on my Custom Made orders (lengthened sleeves).

Custom Made has taught me that the Lazio is not my best bet off the rack (sleeves too short and button stance a little high).

I know the Washington has longer sleeves and lower button stance, so I tried on an OTR Washington jacket while I was there. Thoughts on the fit?

Please note the pants are Bonobos and the rise is definitely LOW and also was wearing them a little low on top of that. So it throws off the proportions of the photo a bit.

View attachment 1409499

It’s very hard to judge, to be honest with you. I feel like the Washington jacket lends itself to a more formal look, and you would be better off wearing a tie and definitely the trousers that you would wear with this suit for anyone to give you any sort of opinion, but it would also be ideal to see you full length including the feet. I feel like the jacket length may be just a tiny bit (0.25 inches?) too long, but very forgivable. The shoulder area looks very structured because of all that Washington padding. And what did they do with the Washington lapels? They used to be peak. Where is the ticket pocket? Honestly, I give up on their fit changes.

But, again, can we talk about your beard hair follicles? I cannot get over how full it looks even at this short length. Did you start shaving at 12?

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves still look a tad bit short, but I'm sure if you let them out another .25-.5" that they'd be on point. Jacket length is perfectly fine. It doesn't look overly long on you.

kadidal

Reaction score
Way way back in law school in the 90s (when people wore suits to work because they had to, not just for fun!) I was taught that classic length was to the first joint on the thumb/the (big) knuckles on the rest of the fingers. On that standard this looks perfect. However, we all wear everything too short nowadays, because that's the fashion, so on that standard I think the sales associate is probably right -- today's "normal" is about an inch shorter than this. But really it's within the Overton Window for jacket length.

I agree with the first reply in all other respects -- my first reaction was that you don't need the padding that the Washington has in the shoulders, and also that that is a primo beard.

Ahree

Reaction score

View attachment 1409499
Good fit. Collar hugs your neck well, and the shoulders are a good compromise between soft and structured. Nicely nipped in the waist -- not too much, not too little. Sleeves are perfect; you're showing just the right amount of cuff. And the hem / length is just fine, not too long at all. Hem falls to first knuckle and you can cup it with room to spare. Button stance is perfect; had you been wearing a tie, the bottom of the tie would have been covered appropriately. Bottom line: It looks good on you!

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The length is perfect. Note how it cups the hips, producing a clean transition between jacket and trouser. Shorter jackets produce a skirting effect, which is very undesirable in my opinion. I see a lot of that in this thread because Suitsupply puts people in short jackets. Nice button stance too. Overall a very good fit for RTW.

EUtroll

Reaction score
I think it looks great, including the length! I also plan to try the Washington again when getting my next "formal" suit but I already wonder if I'll ever get used to the structured shoulders again after so many years with a much softer shoulder.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeeeeeees