• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men's Facial Product

EazyNet

Reaction score
Hello.

I need an advice for Men's facial product, i had a sensitive skin which i try many products and it is only making it worse. So, i tried Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser, i used it for months but there are some still pimples/pores in my face. So, i need some tips or advice for the products that i need to use.

Thank you!

Reaction score
1. Try using a face wash with salicylic acid. Not only does it help with acne, but it is also known as Beta-Hydroxy (BHA), which is an effective exfoliator. I would recommend CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser. It contains ceramides, hyaluronic acid and the salicylic acid at a very reasonable price.

2. Wash your face at night with the cleanser. Pat dry, don't rub. In the morning, try just rinsing with cold water a couple times. Your skin might benefit from not having its essential oils stripped away twice per day.

3. Each time after you wash your face, apply a quality moisturizer. A good day moisturizer is Neutrogena Hydro Boost, and a good night moisturizer will be labeled as "PM"-containing retinols and vitamins. Make sure you don't use the PM moisturizer during the day though, as the sun will negatively affect your skin with the retinols and vitamins.

4. If during the day, follow up with a moisturizer containing SPF (broad spectrum, at least 30 SPF). If you have hyperpigmentation, acne, scars, dark spots, bags under eyes, etc. try a CC Cream. CC Cream is a tinted moisturizer that generally contains SPF that will help camouflage the things I mentioned above. For tough, individual spots, consider apply a liquid concealer. This will help hide the individual acne papules.

5. Every other day, exfoliate with a washcloth, konjac sponge, or cleansing brush for 30 seconds. You can also use a scrub that has particles, but avoid scrubs that are made from fruit pits (apricot). Your best best is to find a scrub with jojoba beads if you want to go down this route.

6. More generally, ensure you are using a clean towel and wash your sheets regularly. Drink more water throughout the day (at least 64 ounces).

The combination of these steps should clear up your acne. Good luck!

kdarylle

Reaction score
Products with salicylic acid work great in controlling pimples. You will just notice a slight tingling sensation on your face sometimes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waswa25david