• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got juliens in argyle . Looking at zephrin’s. What color should I get ? What size ? Spend my money

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1637.jpeg

D32169

Reaction score
Is the bigger size needed ? I included a pic so you experts could see the shape and size of face / glasses
Try them both on. Maybe 44 for optical, 47 for sun. See which size YOU prefer. These are Zeph 47 Shadow and 44 Baltic. Both are in my “top 5”.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.jpeg
    IMG_1313.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1300.jpeg
    IMG_1300.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hello, love this thread - you gave me advice about 10 years ago and I got OP's - still love them. So - I am looking for a new pair of made in japan sunglasses, acetate, high quality hardware, classic looks, not overly garish, no gimmics, not too flashy, something that I can wear the next 40 years, timeless. sunglasses that could look good today, but would'nt be out of place in the 60s or 70s or 80s.

I like the aethetics of Lunnatterie General, Oliver Peoples, Oliver Goldsmith, Tom Ford, Masunaga, Matsuda. any other brands that have a similar aesthetic I am missing, or any doing cool things?

Also - do you know the best place (based on above) to try on sunglases - los angeles or vancouver, BC accessible for me.

D32169

Reaction score
hello, love this thread - you gave me advice about 10 years ago and I got OP's - still love them. So - I am looking for a new pair of made in japan sunglasses, acetate, high quality hardware, classic looks, not overly garish, no gimmics, not too flashy, something that I can wear the next 40 years, timeless. sunglasses that could look good today, but would'nt be out of place in the 60s or 70s or 80s.

I like the aethetics of Lunnatterie General, Oliver Peoples, Oliver Goldsmith, Tom Ford, Masunaga, Matsuda. any other brands that have a similar aesthetic I am missing, or any doing cool things?

Also - do you know the best place (based on above) to try on sunglases - los angeles or vancouver, BC accessible for me.
Umm..try JMM store in Venice, CA

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude these rule. Try them with an all-black fit, maybe a Saint Laurent inspired vibe

w2000_q60.jpg

w2000_q60.jpg
I'm down, this sounds dope. I got some black roper boots and black wrangler jeans. The top half is missing though, definitely on board with a black camp shirt or double rider.
IMO it's all about context

View attachment 2181193
Honestly I was having one of the worst weeks in recent memory, so waking up to this made me laugh so hard and made my day. Thanks man, I really appreciate this. Very well done photoshop too, I'll save this one.

korektphool

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

It's funny, I can see why these glasses are just ok or mid on me.

Out of all the pairs I've bought, I've had the least doubts about these ones. I notice I like to buy frames that evoke a lot of emotion or give off a strong mood or vibe to me.

These ones felt "dark, moody, serious, cunning". Awesome, I don't have anything that currently feels like that.

I've tried on a tonne of frames that this thread would like on me, and I felt absolutely nothing trying them on. These won't be crowd-pleasers, but I do have 4 other pairs of opticals that I'll rotate through.

@korektphool Thank you. Jacket is vintage Levi Type 3, bought from Wooden Sleepers on IG. Trousers are OD7 from Bronson MFG (out of stock, but they always have variations.)
Thank you. Great find on that vintage jacket!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can consider any of the most classic frames: Fellini, Molino, Enzo, Dealan, Devaux, Zephirin, Torino. They are all great looking models, choose one that fits you well.

thass_hot

Reaction score
I saw these pics that an AD posted in a Facebook group of the upcoming models/colours. These frost (not sure which colour name) of the Sandro are awesome

Attachments

• IMG_2884.jpeg
    IMG_2884.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2885.jpeg
    IMG_2885.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2886.jpeg
    IMG_2886.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2887.jpeg
    IMG_2887.jpeg