• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best webcam light

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All - I'm sure a lot of you are doing the WFH thing, and I'm envious of some others' setups regarding their webcams and lighting.

Currently, my set up is a Logitech HD 1080p camera attached to either my iMac or MBP depending on forum. I have some but limited natural light from one window adjacent to me and a little bit from another near the front of my workspace. I have 6 ceiling lights about 75-150 watts, not too sure their specificity, but I think pretty standard lights.

Does anyone use any special, or clip-on "Zoom" lighting? I have seen a range of offerings, but they look embarrassingly cheap ($70 or less), and frankly, poor quality. I tried a high-end photographer level set up out of curiosity that a friend inspired me to utilize, but I did not find that degree of lighting sustainable - it was too blinding, but did help.

Basically, I already look bad as a 40-something male, but to be a little grainy, with too much green/yellow in my image is not helping things, at all. ;)

Looking for some pro-level, sage advice, as I'm willing to invest in this set-up. Thanks!

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
I have a small Anglepoise desk lamp on the other side of the desk to the tablet I use for VCs. It’s highly adjustable and usually allows me to have good lighting for all my calls.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO for this kind of lighting, inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean bad. Nobody on the call will see your lighting setup, so it's just the light output that matters. A ring light will provide even lighting (especially if you mount your camera in the middle of the ring) without having to resort to softboxes and other similar light diffusers. I use a $40 LED ring light with adjustable color temperature and brightness. Works well for me.

Also consider your camera. I don't have much experience with the Logitech cameras but I'm sure they're better than the awful MBP camera. I use my iPhone as a camera mounted in my ring light and use EpocCam software to connect to my MBP; the picture quality is excellent.

Last edited:

daliaakter

Reaction score
There is a type of light available in our country which I use while working on the sewing machine. Gives very good light
images.jpg
3564069906.jpg
3564069906.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads