• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men: Official affiliate thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FedEx custom fees usually arrive a few days later so let us know if you get any.

Originally Posted by LA Guy
They ship Fedex Express. You sometimes get hit with customs with regular Fedex, but not with Express. No idea why, but it's my experience, with a lot of data points.

That's pretty interesting, I might order express from stores in Euro all the time if this is always the case.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made an order with them almost a month ago and was never hit with any fees.

touchthesky

Reaction score
FedEx Express includes brokerage fees - which is the fee for a courier to clear your item through customs. For Canadians, you can usually expect a customs charge still even with FedEx Express but at the least there are no brokerage fees charged.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
FedEx custom fees usually arrive a few days later so let us know if you get any.

That's pretty interesting, I might order express from stores in Euro all the time if this is always the case.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my experience has been that UPS essentially makes you pay on the spot (i.e. you take out your cc, and pay at the door on delivery,) and DHL (though I haven't used that in months) sends you a bill through the mail. With Fedex Express, I've not been charged, unless they are literally waiting months, even years.

ennui

Reaction score
They ship Fedex Express. You sometimes get hit with customs with regular Fedex, but not with Express. No idea why, but it's my experience, with a lot of data points.

Should note that they take off VAT, which means that for anything over 160 Eu or so (which is most things,) it zeros out, and that the prices are pretty fair in the first place.

I have definitely been hit with customs fees from Wrong Weather. Also note that if you buy more than one pair of shoes, they do not ship the boxes. That is especially lame considering the shipping cost.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that is unacceptable

ennui

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't appreciate being told of their policy about not shipping the boxes for multiple pairs, only after I had already received the shoes. Normally not a deal killer if the price is low enough, but with the high shipping and also with the customs fees, I was definitely not happy.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shot them an e mail and they said they will not mark down the value on packages, but there will be discount for sf.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of ragging in this thread for the new affiliate, especially before they were given a chance to provide information on any discounts or special offers for SF users. Other than shipping gripes, which is common across many overseas retailers, I wonder why no one commented on their issues when WW was discussed in other threads like Recent Purchases, Sales Alerts, or even in the Retailer Feedback thread? Seems bad etiquettte to do so personally at least in the form of an attack, point out questions to the effect in better form would be better in my opinion.

The shipping costs are high and I can understand the aggravation for that, but I see shipping going up everywhere. Considering their retail prices after VAT deduction, I feel like the prices are fair. Try buying Schneider items from Japan retailers for instance. Expecting retailers to mark items as gifts for overseas shipping is a bit greedy I feel as well isn't it? There's a lot of risk involved in that, especially for a business shipping to customers all over the world.

Anyway, not trying to spark an opinion war in an affiliate thread, so that's all from me. I just know that my last order with them (Schneider sweater and shirt) was delivered via FedEx Express, arrived in two days to the US from order processing, and I did not get hit with customs, and I believe my costs were marked down a bit, but not completely. They were also offering a free worldwide shipping offer over a certain amount when I ordered so I didn't pay shipping for the order. Not only that, but they were offering an in-store promotion that they honored for my online order even though they didn't have to, which was nice. They have always offered speedy replies to my inquiries every time so they have great customer service in my experience.

ennui

Reaction score
Customs fees are not their fault. It's the law, and I will pay what is necessary and billed to me. I agree that people should not expect retailers to mark down for customs.

The shipping fees are high, but it's from Europe and it's clearly listed on their site. So I also don't have a problem with it.

So the only thing I really have a problem with is the fact that I was told that their policy was not to ship boxes with shoes if you order more than one pair, only after I received the shoes. I wasn't about to pay for return shipping, and still have to deal with customs hassles.

I don't read every thread on this site, so I don't think it is breaking form of some sort to post facts that I think might be useful to people who are considering ordering from this affiliate, in this thread. Stuff like getting hit with customs fees and not getting shoe boxes is pertinent information that I think other members will appreciate when making a buying decision.

Wrong Weather

Affiliate vendor - wrongweather.net
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
Customs fees are not their fault. It's the law, and I will pay what is necessary and billed to me. I agree that people should not expect retailers to mark down for customs.

The shipping fees are high, but it's from Europe and it's clearly listed on their site. So I also don't have a problem with it.

So the only thing I really have a problem with is the fact that I was told that their policy was not to ship boxes with shoes if you order more than one pair, only after I received the shoes. I wasn't about to pay for return shipping, and still have to deal with customs hassles.

I don't read every thread on this site, so I don't think it is breaking form of some sort to post facts that I think might be useful to people who are considering ordering from this affiliate, in this thread. Stuff like getting hit with customs fees and not getting shoe boxes is pertinent information that I think other members will appreciate when making a buying decision.

We are ware of this issue regarding multiple shoes order for sale items. As you know the weight of the shoes are far heavier than clothes. We are glad to tell you and all members that we just negociate with Fedexp a better deal when sending multiple boxes so we are now able to send the multiple shoes orders in boxes even when in sale.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my experience has been that UPS essentially makes you pay on the spot (i.e. you take out your cc, and pay at the door on delivery,) and DHL (though I haven't used that in months) sends you a bill through the mail. With Fedex Express, I've not been charged, unless they are literally waiting months, even years.

I've gotten customs fees from all except USPS. FedEx does send their bill a few days later. Never had experience with using FedEx's express shipping but didn't really think it mattered. Plus most EU stores that ship to the US doesn't have an express shipping option.

Lupo

Reaction score
People who have order from here in the past, how did you do it, PayPal gives me an error because it isn't converting EURO to USD correctly.

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wrong Weather
We are ware of this issue regarding multiple shoes order for sale items. As you know the weight of the shoes are far heavier than clothes. We are glad to tell you and all members that we just negociate with Fedexp a better deal when sending multiple boxes so we are now able to send the multiple shoes orders in boxes even when in sale.

OK, sounds good to me. I appreciate the update.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads