• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Water stains on Ferragamo ties

Pink22m

Reaction score
For whatever reason, I seem to get the slightest drop of water on my Ferragamo ties. It happened to me today on my third Ferragamo tie that I have purchased; the previous two also had the same thing happen to them. I don't understand what it is. I was getting into my car today, and noticed a small wet spot on the bottom of the tie. It dried, but unfortunately, like my first two Ferragamo's, it left a spot. How can I get this out?

Pink22m

Reaction score
Ha ha

Seriously though, can water spots be removed? I am absolutely unfuriated about this, because I am so careful with my items. This has never happened to any of my other ties, but for some reason, it has happened on my first three Ferragamo ties that I have owned.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I have read that rubbing a water spot with silk from another part of the tie will get them out. It's worth a try.

I couldn't resist the Ferragamo crack.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
can it be for some reason , where you live there is alot of hard water?

the sprinklers outside our complex is very hard water, any droplets of it on anything, clothes, bags, my car, leaves a very distinct mark ,that may or may not come out.

or is this happening only with your ferragamos? and not the other ties?
maybe it is just a very strange coincidence?

drljva

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pink22m
Ha ha

Seriously though, can water spots be removed? I am absolutely unfuriated about this, because I am so careful with my items. This has never happened to any of my other ties, but for some reason, it has happened on my first three Ferragamo ties that I have owned.

I'm guessing that the Gamo' tie that you have is a light color (like so many of them are...), like a pale sky blue or a yellow? You're right... as beautiful as those ties are, they are, unfortunately, not very resilient to things like water stains.
confused.gif

In my experience, there's really not much you can do other than to have them professionally dry cleaned. I -- and others here -- have had great results from
tiecrafters.com in New York.

Pink22m

Reaction score
can it be for some reason , where you live there is alot of hard water?

the sprinklers outside our complex is very hard water, any droplets of it on anything, clothes, bags, my car, leaves a very distinct mark ,that may or may not come out.

or is this happening only with your ferragamos? and not the other ties?
maybe it is just a very strange coincidence?
It is definitely just a strange coincidence. I have just never had this happen to any of my other ties. The second time it happened, I had just washed my hands in the sink and was drying them off (as I normally do before I untie my necktie after a day at work). I must not have dried them completely, because for some reason, after I untied the knot, there was a small wet spot on the upper portion of the tie. It ended up leaving a spot. Today's occurence is a complete mystery however. I had just opened my rear car door to hang up my coat before leaving, and that is when I discovered it. It is totally mystifying and frustrating at the same time. I wonder, would club soda do the trick? I have heard that it can be used to get out spots in a tie.

I'm guessing that the Gamo' tie that you have is a light color (like so many of them are...), like a pale sky blue or a yellow? You're right... as beautiful as those ties are, they are, unfortunately, not very resilient to things like water stains.

In my experience, there's really not much you can do other than to have them professionally dry cleaned. I -- and others here -- have had great results from
tiecrafters.com in New York.
You are correct about the Ferragamo tie that I was wearing today. It has a really pretty blue base to it that is almost periwinkle.

kshah

Reaction score
I'm assuming these are the print 'Gamos. I've noticed some of my ties, which are prints, display stains more prominently. I'm sorry, but there is nothing you can do.

May I suggest purchasing a Kiton 7 fold online for $100? I'm sorry, I had to say it!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STACY411