• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iskold86

Reaction score
Ok, boring cleaning question i know but,
my Hakamas need a cleaning, but the dry cleaners in my area suck. Anyone got experience hand washning Santome fabric? My concern is the fabric becoming uneven/slubby and losing it's paper like crispness i guess. I normally hand wash my wool vis stuff without any problems but the Santome fabric is more delicate.

Blancpain

Reaction score
Interested in the upcoming ultimate sea island cotton jumbo SB sweatshirt. Has anybody had sea island cotton and notice any difference or is it just feel-good marketing?

Sea island cotton jumbo SB came out today so I stopped by visvim exposition in downtown LA. Figured I would give a report and answer my own question in case anyone else cared:

• Ultimate Jumbo SB L/S still runs a full size small, like the ICT jumbo SB I had last year. I tried a 3 and a 4 and bought the 4. The 3 fit but felt like a true medium and I wanted a comfortable fit with more room.
  • The sea island cotton is a dense and smooth weave. I attached a photo. Interested to see how it wears, it almost feels like a sateen or nylon blend but it's all cotton which is cool. It is not light and breezy like the older amplus hoodies I had with the terry loop back; rather it feels denser and almost a wind blocker. Great for cooler weather. Very soft and fuzzy fleece interior which is not my favorite but whatever.
  • Color is great, not pure (0,0,0) black but ever so slightly lighter.
  • I think I paid about 10-15% more getting it here rather than Japan proxy but I'm glad I tried it on because I would have sized wrong otherwise.

Other thoughts:
  • Rawly vest was my favorite thing in the store. Super supple and light shearling with natural dark indigo military-feel shell. $6000 after tax...
  • New ICT sashiko stitch remi coats were cool and weighed probably 4kg/8lbs. Great feel and quality.
  • Heli down jacket had weird crepe crunchy nylon fabric. Didn't like it.
  • Eton (?) leather jacket was very stiff and crinkly and dry. Didn't like that either.
  • Recent ICT grizzly looked better in person than in photos. They still had noticeable patina without being the moldy mess of the previous release.

IMG_4075.jpeg
IMG_4076.jpeg

maxfax

Reaction score
Sea island cotton jumbo SB came out today so I stopped by visvim exposition in downtown LA. Figured I would give a report and answer my own question in case anyone else cared:

• Ultimate Jumbo SB L/S still runs a full size small, like the ICT jumbo SB I had last year. I tried a 3 and a 4 and bought the 4. The 3 fit but felt like a true medium and I wanted a comfortable fit with more room.
  • The sea island cotton is a dense and smooth weave. I attached a photo. Interested to see how it wears, it almost feels like a sateen or nylon blend but it's all cotton which is cool. It is not light and breezy like the older amplus hoodies I had with the terry loop back; rather it feels denser and almost a wind blocker. Great for cooler weather. Very soft and fuzzy fleece interior which is not my favorite but whatever.
  • I think I paid about 10-15% more getting it here rather than Japan proxy but I'm glad I tried it on because I would have sized wrong otherwise.

Other thoughts:
  • Rawly vest was my favorite thing in the store. Super supple and light shearling with natural dark indigo military-feel shell. $6000 after tax...
  • New ICT sashiko stitch remi coats were cool and weighed probably 4kg/8lbs. Great feel and quality.
  • Eton (?) leather jacket was very stiff and crinkly and dry. Didn't like that either.
  • Recent ICT grizzly looked better in person than in photos. They still had noticeable patina without being the moldy mess of the previous release.

View attachment 2072885
View attachment 2072887

The Rawly looks really good on you! Are they true to size? (wish they were cheaper ...)

Blancpain

Reaction score
The Rawly looks really good on you! Are they true to size? (wish they were cheaper ...)

Thanks! Yes I would say TTS. They only had one navy size 3 which is my usual size and it fit well over the jumbo. The shearling isn't too thick and overall fit better than the puffy Kora down vest IMO.

Super cool but I could sell my kerchief and half my other stuff and still probably not have enough so yeah not happening...

grs

Reaction score

Other thoughts:

View attachment 2072885
View attachment 2072887

Agree on the Grizzlies. I bit the bullet when they released as I am an 11 and that just makes it damn near impossible on the 2nd hand market. Absolutely love them. I think the pair I got is a bit more muddy than others I have seen, esp the ones the JP proxies are advertising. I do have one patch by the bottom of the zipper on the left boot that has the repair work. After a few weeks I can say they beat out my Fr L Virgils for being the most comfy vis kicks I own.

Attachments

• IMG_2683.JPG
    IMG_2683.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2684.JPG
    IMG_2684.JPG
    433.5 KB · Views: 257

Blancpain

Reaction score
any chance you took some pics of the Remi?

I didn't sorry! I was wearing shorts so it looked ridiculous trying on haha. But it's a very thick, rough outer fabric (but lined) and the sashiko is almost unnoticeable until very close (100% color matched). The colors seemed pretty much black or dark indigo. Really nice outerwear jackets, went down to about knee-length on me (5'11"). Price seemed relatively reasonable at ~2k I think.

nets860

Reaction score
I didn't sorry! I was wearing shorts so it looked ridiculous trying on haha. But it's a very thick, rough outer fabric (but lined) and the sashiko is almost unnoticeable until very close (100% color matched). The colors seemed pretty much black or dark indigo. Really nice outerwear jackets, went down to about knee-length on me (5'11"). Price seemed relatively reasonable at ~2k I think.
no worries. yea it looks nice from what I've seen, hard to find decent pics of it.

hobojones

Reaction score
Kith vis sale is actually very good esp if you’re a bigger size. Maybe best sale I’ve seen this year a lot of nice things to be had

ibn_pengel

Reaction score
Is wearing the suspender jeans as regular jeans feasible? Fancy a pair of D17 wash jeans. And the suspender versions can usually get for better price and being 36 inch waist easier to find in my size.

The 32 waist suspender version actually have a 36 waist so thinking they’d fit. But worry the rise will be too big given meant to be worn with suspenders. But given I’m 6’3 hope is rise of smaller size would work for me. Or is this silly idea as cut will be all wrong (I am looking for a slightly loose fit though )

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kith vis sale is actually very good esp if you’re a bigger size. Maybe best sale I’ve seen this year a lot of nice things to be had
I thought the same but have had so many issues with Kith before with stock irregularities I'm not sure I'd bother.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo