• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wms68

Reaction score

I was referring to the recent SF GMTO. There was a Natty Waxed Service boot(The Raneleigh designed SCSB) on the 110 on Vibram half sole, leather slip and Vibram heel.

Were you aware of that GMTO?

No i missed that one, If anyone has a 10 available if the 110 does not work for them i would be interested, i have some 2030's i could also trade with as an option.

wms68

Reaction score
Very nice, did they hand stitch via existing holes - the reason i ask is that i have a pair with a worn vibram christy that i am contemplating Having this conversion done.
Do you have pictures from the top?

I have previously had vibrams replaced on other Vibergs where they have simply heated up the sole and removed from the midsole and reglued a new vibram sole but was reluctanct about a restitch.

Thanks.

Last edited:

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^If u examine closely, there's a thin rubber lining between the leather midsole & rubber outsole. This thin rubber lining is glued+stitched to the leather midsole__ the outsole is then glued onto [that] rubber lining.

On posted pix by @sask, the rubber linings were stripped from its midsoles. The replacement outsoles [e.g., leather, Dainite, Commando, etc.] are then glued+stitched to the leather midsoles.

Last edited:

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Aside from personal taste, the sole construction design of the Scout model [ie, 360 degree welt stitching], in particular__ a full unit rubber sole such as Morflex, Gloxi, Chrysty, Ripples__ work/look much better, IMO
1f913.png

Last edited:

sask boot

Reaction score
thank you for the feedback guys, with the leather soles now i can wear them with denim or chinos and that was another factor in my decision

gus49

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the Viberg Vintage Mocha & Viberg/Sixteen Vintage Mocha/Harness leather. They look similar although Mocha Harness looks darker and is oil tanned are they actually different leathers or the same? Is the Viberg Vintage Mocha a chromexcel?

thanks

Deusis

Reaction score
For those who got in on the Unglazed Natural or Navy Shell Cordovan Boot release... I have an interesting article for you to check out. Or if you're just interested in shell cordovan as well you might find it interesting. I had a ton of questions over on /r/goodyearwelt about Glazed vs. Unglazed so I wrote a little article about it. Since I work with a ton of leather and have lots of both Glazed and Unglazed, both leather goods and boots, I felt like I may have the most experience beyond someone at Horween. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matcpow