• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boyoi

Reaction score
Well, my pair of Chelsea’s just arrived, so here’s hoping the elastic holds up on them.

Nothing like opening a box of Vibergs (this is my third pair now). I was questioning whether these would be that much better than my RM Williams Chelsea’s but as soon as I saw the leather I knew they were.

These are in waxy brandy regency calf from CF Stead and it’s a gorgeous leather. They’re so smooth and velvety to the touch, and they have a deep pull-up and a nice depth of colour that I wasn’t able to capture due to a massive storm outside and a lack of natural light.

Leather is about the same thickness as my signature RM’s but the kip lining is slightly thicker. They’re a real pain to put on and it did make me appreciate the RM’s double pull tabs for a moment, but they fit like a glove.

I find the Viberg Chelsea’s look a little ugly in the online store photos due to the high instep, but they’re comfy once on the foot and I usually have issues with my instep and Chelsea’s so these should eliminate that. Can’t wait to see them once they’ve melded to my foot a bit.
Otherwise they’re quite elegant with a tight waste and nice toe box.

I’m not 100% sold on the storm welt as it makes the toe box look a little low, but it’s a feature that sets it apart from the other Chelsea’s I own, I guess.

View attachment 2100375

I also picked up a pair of these and they should arrive in a week. The leather is Gallun Brandy Viking Calf, not what they listed on the site. That's the reason for my purchase since I wouldn't have bought it if it was CFS

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I had a home invasion last week, and one of the items taken was a pair of miloh x viberg double black cxl 145 oxford shoe size 8 with the black mini ripple sole. If you suddenly come across one somewhere, can you give me a heads up? Just to see if they also have all the other shoes they stole as well. Thanks.

Also if you have a pair in 7.5/8 you'd be willing to sell, please let me know. Really loved those shoes

Happy new year y'all!
Damn, really sorry to hear that. Interesting they took a bunch of your boots. Usually feels like we are part of such a small hobby

Areni-1

Reaction score
I also picked up a pair of these and they should arrive in a week. The leather is Gallun Brandy Viking Calf, not what they listed on the site. That's the reason for my purchase since I wouldn't have bought it if it was CFS
These might be different. I got them 60% off from an online store in Australia. So not the Viking calf which I kind of wanted a pair of service boots in.

So lol. Just regular old CFS.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, really sorry to hear that. Interesting they took a bunch of your boots. Usually feels like we are part of such a small hobby
Yea they actually took a bunch of my Jordan 1s, air max 1s, and randomly, a pair of carminas, aldens, and these vibergs. Left my other boots/shoes. They also took my belts haha

boyoi

Reaction score
These might be different. I got them 60% off from an online store in Australia. So not the Viking calf which I kind of wanted a pair of service boots in.

So lol. Just regular old CFS.
I purchased from the same place. Reached out to confirm what was on the box - it should be labeled 'GAL Brandy Viking Calf'.

Areni-1

Reaction score
I purchased from the same place. Reached out to confirm what was on the box - it should be labeled 'GAL Brandy Viking Calf'.
Oh, really? Nice. That might explain why it has a less prominent grain than the online store pics.

I’ve yet to wear mine out because I’m going to send them off to have some toe plates fitted, but I’m keen to see how the leather wears.

Areni-1

Reaction score
Burnt Oak Dublin Service Boot on the train ride home.

IMG_6336.jpeg

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Other than point 6, I don’t see their patent as being novel. And that looks more like a trademark.

Areni-1

Reaction score
Another pair arrived today. An ammunition boot on the 2040 last. Which is significantly different to the 2030 last on foot.

These have an unstructured toe which is a first for me. I know some people love them but I generally like keeping my boots looking brand new even after years of wear. So we’ll see how that goes.
This is also my first pair of Dr Soles which was one of the main reasons for the purchase.

Once again, the leather is beautiful which I’ve come to expect from Viberg now. Pretty sure it even has a bit of shell in it going from the feel of the unlined shaft on one boot. Although I’ve yet to buy anything in shell so I’m not an expert and could easily be wrong.

I couldn’t find much info on this particular leather, so decided to err on the side of caution and stuck to Saphir renovateur and a good brush.

IMG_6340.jpeg
IMG_6341.jpeg
IMG_6343.jpeg
IMG_6338.jpeg

(Someone please let me know if there’s any forum etiquette around too many photos per post)

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another pair arrived today. An ammunition boot on the 2040 last. Which is a significant difference than the 2030 last on foot.

These have an unstructured toe which is a first for me. I know some people love them but I generally like keeping my boots looking brand new even after years of wear. So we’ll see how that goes.
This is also my first pair of Dr Soles which was one of the main reasons for the purchase.

Once again, the leather is beautiful which I’ve come to expect from Viberg now. Pretty sure it even has a bit of shell in it going from the feel of the unlined shaft on one boot. Although I’ve yet to buy anything in shell so I’m not an expert and could easily be wrong.

I couldn’t find much info on this particular leather, so decided to err on the side of caution and stuck to Saphir renovateur and a good brush.

View attachment 2103627 View attachment 2103629 View attachment 2103631 View attachment 2103633

(Someone please let me know if there’s any forum etiquette around too many photos per post)
Lovely stuff. I think you may end up liking the variation an unstructured toe brings.

Also your post doesn’t offend sensibilities as far as I can tell. Keep ‘em coming…

Areni-1

Reaction score
Lovely stuff. I think you may end up liking the variation an unstructured toe brings.

Also your post doesn’t offend sensibilities as far as I can tell. Keep ‘em coming…
Cheers. I’m at least interested in seeing how they turn out. Plus I like each boot having something different about them.

Stswervus

Reaction score
Another pair arrived today. An ammunition boot on the 2040 last. Which is significantly different to the 2030 last on foot.

View attachment 2103627 View attachment 2103629 View attachment 2103631 View attachment 2103633

Beautiful boots and I think I may share your taste in selvedge. N&F Pagoda dyed? Only worn mine once, I had forgotten how unforgiving a new pair is. :)

lurker33

Reaction score

I wish Dr. Sole was more common with Western Bootmakers. Although i am not the biggest fan of the raw cord myself, the thinner supergrip is my favorite.

Areni-1

Reaction score
Beautiful boots and I think I may share your taste in selvedge. N&F Pagoda dyed? Only worn mine once, I had forgotten how unforgiving a new pair is. :)

Close. They’re Tanuki Soga (i think they’re turmeric and saffron dyed). And i realised i went to upload the pics that i was wearing them yet again, even though i spent most of yesterday in linen pants because it’s so hot and i just put these on to get an on foot pic.
I keep meaning to grab a pair in regular blue selvedge but then i just end up buying more boots.

@lurker33 Yeah, i love the look of those in half soles. Would love if a pair of Vibergs with them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member