• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

Atao

Reaction score
WTS: Souvenir Sweatpants in Sand and Cement both size small. Worn a few times. $110 shipped for both. I love them but a man can only have so many sweatpants 🤷‍♂️

fatsu

Reaction score
Received two pairs of Court Shorts in the mail yesterday, my first items from UNIFORM LA.

Without a doubt, it is an exceptionally constructed garment. It is obvious that care and attention to detail were put into the design. The materials are hefty and feel of excellent quality, and the stitching is perfect. I think the silhouette is good, maybe a bit wide for my body type but I understand many of the clientele are athletic. The back zipper pocket is a welcome addition -- as often the case with athletic shorts is that things fall out easily -- and allow you to carry phone, wallet, and keys without needing a bag. The color is exactly what I wanted and expected from the studio photos (a dark green that isn't shiny). It's awesome that these are made in the USA, thank you.

However, with all that said, I feel that these fall just short of the (admittedly) high bar I had set for them. My main complaint is with the inside lining, which I feel negate the purpose of the mesh, which is of course breathability. I am curious about the design decision behind doing this instead of using double layer mesh. The polyester lining does feel nice to the touch, and it does block the sight of a curious onlooker from seeing your undies, but it does so at the cost of blocking the holes in the mesh that allow air to pass through. A second (minor) complaint is that when I read that these shorts have a liner, I read that as meaning a liner like swim trunks. But this may be a problem with my understanding of terminology, and could have easily been cleared up if I just contacted customer service.

Overall, I think these are excellent shorts in both quality and aesthetic. But I think they are too focused on looking like a mesh short, rather than being a mesh short. Perhaps this is a bit hypocritical, as I bought these in part because they are trendy, but I do believe there is a legitimate function for mesh shorts.

I am still super impressed with this brand and will be looking forward to my next purchase.

m0butt

Reaction score
Received two pairs of Court Shorts in the mail yesterday, my first items from UNIFORM LA.

Without a doubt, it is an exceptionally constructed garment. It is obvious that care and attention to detail were put into the design. The materials are hefty and feel of excellent quality, and the stitching is perfect. I think the silhouette is good, maybe a bit wide for my body type but I understand many of the clientele are athletic. The back zipper pocket is a welcome addition -- as often the case with athletic shorts is that things fall out easily -- and allow you to carry phone, wallet, and keys without needing a bag. The color is exactly what I wanted and expected from the studio photos (a dark green that isn't shiny). It's awesome that these are made in the USA, thank you.

However, with all that said, I feel that these fall just short of the (admittedly) high bar I had set for them. My main complaint is with the inside lining, which I feel negate the purpose of the mesh, which is of course breathability. I am curious about the design decision behind doing this instead of using double layer mesh. The polyester lining does feel nice to the touch, and it does block the sight of a curious onlooker from seeing your undies, but it does so at the cost of blocking the holes in the mesh that allow air to pass through. A second (minor) complaint is that when I read that these shorts have a liner, I read that as meaning a liner like swim trunks. But this may be a problem with my understanding of terminology, and could have easily been cleared up if I just contacted customer service.

Overall, I think these are excellent shorts in both quality and aesthetic. But I think they are too focused on looking like a mesh short, rather than being a mesh short. Perhaps this is a bit hypocritical, as I bought these in part because they are trendy, but I do believe there is a legitimate function for mesh shorts.

I am still super impressed with this brand and will be looking forward to my next purchase.
They’re mesh shorts bro

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm so glad that the Sunset Court Shorts you picked up worked out! I appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed review.

We make every pair of Sunset Court Shorts in our small studio which is a studio we set up during COVID to help us move quicker, increase quality, and have more control over everything we do. It means a lot that you recognize the quality of the construction on the shorts. Our studio is an assembly of our best sewers. They sew all of our samples and are responsible for all of our new French Terry (Heavyweight Studio Collection, Souvenir Sweatpants, and French Terry Artist Tees), Sunset Court Shorts, and upcoming woven releases (nylon shorts, flannels, cargos, etc). They take great pride in everything they do and will really appreciate your feedback.

Regarding the choice of a smooth lining vs. using a double mesh. I talked about this on the last Club Cool Podcast I did with @barrettdudley . Prior to finalizing the design of the Sunset Court Shorts, we ran a number of samples, many of which were fabric tests, in which we made multiple prototypes to test a combination of fabrics. One of those was an iteration with double mesh. Because of the weight of the mesh that we use, the shorts ended up being much heavier, would slide down, and didn't drape well (resulting in a very structured look). Additionally, because the mesh is a textured mesh, it would cause any underwear (consisting of a blended fabric) that you're wearing to pill and ultimately wasn't very comfortable. On the finalize version we opted to go with the smooth lining because it was much lighter than the exterior mesh and reduced the overall weight while improving the experience of wearing them. More importantly, with the reduced weight/structure it looked aesthetically better. The added lining also offered SPF protection (which we don't talk about) but was another benefit in addition to improved comfort/look. These are meant to be an elevated pair of mesh shorts instead of a performance pair of mesh shorts. While you could use them for more active use (and a lot of our customers do), we designed them with the intent of elevating your everyday fits so that when you run to the grocery, grab the kids, step out for whatever your day demands you look and feel great.

I hope that helps shed some light into our thought process behind that choice. We scrutinize every aspect of what we do and value your feedback.

If you'd like to see the Club Cool Podcast that I referenced with @barrettdudley, you can check it out here:

The clip regarding the mesh samples specifically starts at 12:12

We're super grateful for your support and are really glad those worked out. We appreciate you!

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad that the Sunset Court Shorts you picked up worked out! I appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed review.

We make every pair of Sunset Court Shorts in our small studio which is a studio we set up during COVID to help us move quicker, increase quality, and have more control over everything we do. It means a lot that you recognize the quality of the construction on the shorts. Our studio is an assembly of our best sewers. They sew all of our samples and are responsible for all of our new French Terry (Heavyweight Studio Collection, Souvenir Sweatpants, and French Terry Artist Tees), Sunset Court Shorts, and upcoming woven releases (nylon shorts, flannels, cargos, etc). They take great pride in everything they do and will really appreciate your feedback.

Regarding the choice of a smooth lining vs. using a double mesh. I talked about this on the last Club Cool Podcast I did with @barrettdudley . Prior to finalizing the design of the Sunset Court Shorts, we ran a number of samples, many of which were fabric tests, in which we made multiple prototypes to test a combination of fabrics. One of those was an iteration with double mesh. Because of the weight of the mesh that we use, the shorts ended up being much heavier, would slide down, and didn't drape well (resulting in a very structured look). Additionally, because the mesh is a textured mesh, it would cause any underwear (consisting of a blended fabric) that you're wearing to pill and ultimately wasn't very comfortable. On the finalize version we opted to go with the smooth lining because it was much lighter than the exterior mesh and reduced the overall weight while improving the experience of wearing them. More importantly, with the reduced weight/structure it looked aesthetically better. The added lining also offered SPF protection (which we don't talk about) but was another benefit in addition to improved comfort/look. These are meant to be an elevated pair of mesh shorts instead of a performance pair of mesh shorts. While you could use them for more active use (and a lot of our customers do), we designed them with the intent of elevating your everyday fits so that when you run to the grocery, grab the kids, step out for whatever your day demands you look and feel great.

I hope that helps shed some light into our thought process behind that choice. We scrutinize every aspect of what we do and value your feedback.

If you'd like to see the Club Cool Podcast that I referenced with @barrettdudley, you can check it out here:

The clip regarding the mesh samples specifically starts at 12:12

We're super grateful for your support and are really glad those worked out. We appreciate you!

Daaaaayyyyuuuuuummmmmm… mic drop… dj boo bear wurlwyde now.

phineastheblob

Reaction score
WTS:

Hey y'all - long-time UniformLA fan, first time post here as Pat encouraged me to post here in addition to the discord. Here's what I've got:

- Small Sunset Court Shorts - Black - BNWT - $98 (retail)
- Extra Small Heavyweight Studio Crew - Navy - BNWT - $130 ($168 was retail)
- Small Sand Tank from a little while ago, good condition hemmed to 26.5" - FREE if you pick up both items :)

Attachments

• UniformLA Pieces.jpg
    UniformLA Pieces.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@UNIFORMLA help! I need some new tees! When’s the next drop?????

We have new Heavyweight Artist and Vintage Crew Necks in Twisted Supima dropping in the coming weeks. The full drop is going to be:

Heavyweight Artist Tee
-Washed Black
-Washed Navy
-Pine
-Cream
-Bone

Heavyweight Vintage Crew Neck
-Washed Black
-Washed Navy
-Pine
-Cream

We'll announce here prior to everything dropping.

muaythai

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a pair of sunset court shorts in Cream for sale. Size S for retail ($98) and shipping

Attachments

• PXL_20220709_004546804.jpg
    PXL_20220709_004546804.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 432

januarytwenty

Reaction score
Pat, any update on the I-10 trucker hat? Also, any plans on releasing more colors heavyweight studio crew? I’d love a washed black!

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pat, any update on the I-10 trucker hat? Also, any plans on releasing more colors heavyweight studio crew? I’d love a washed black!

Yes, the I-10 Trucker Hat is heading into production in the coming weeks. All materials for it are at our production partner. We're waiting for the care tags and it will enter into the queue for production. We shot a number of photos with the finalized sample on our last shoot this past Wednesday. I'll post some shots of that here once we receive them back.

More colors are coming for the Heavyweight Studio Crew in the fall including Washed Black which is slated to drop first along with the Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants in Washed Black.

l0ftykeith

Reaction score
Yes, the I-10 Trucker Hat is heading into production in the coming weeks. All materials for it are at our production partner. We're waiting for the care tags and it will enter into the queue for production. We shot a number of photos with the finalized sample on our last shoot this past Wednesday. I'll post some shots of that here once we receive them back.

More colors are coming for the Heavyweight Studio Crew in the fall including Washed Black which is slated to drop first along with the Heavyweight Studio Sweatpants in Washed Black.
Super excited about the hat! Will it only come in black, or will there be other color offerings?

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Super excited about the hat! Will it only come in black, or will there be other color offerings?

The I-10 Trucker Hat is going to debut in just Black. Down the road, we plan to introduce it in more colors/styles

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karonmorins