• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Expat Simon

Reaction score
I'm surprised, as I'd not heard about that change. I remember reading that Trickers had made a decision to avoid Horween when sourcing their shell, although that was some years ago obviously. I wonder what provoked this re-think?

The selection of colours in shell was one of Trickers great selling points. So I guess that's the end of interesting one-offs in Cipresso, Navy, Teak etc. What a shame.

If I'd known that change was coming then I'd have ordered a Cipresso pair (in the right size...) or jumped in on your recent Cipresso cap toe order. Which, by the way, is still one of the best looking items of men's footwear I've ever seen. Some combinations just come out perfect (Whisky Alden longwings, Acorn Bourtons with natural welts etc.) and that was one such combo.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm surprised, as I'd not heard about that change. I remember reading that Trickers had made a decision to avoid Horween when sourcing their shell, although that was some years ago obviously. I wonder what provoked this re-think?

The selection of colours in shell was one of Trickers great selling points. So I guess that's the end of interesting one-offs in Cipresso, Navy, Teak etc. What a shame.

If I'd known that change was coming then I'd have ordered a Cipresso pair (in the right size...) or jumped in on your recent Cipresso cap toe order. Which, by the way, is still one of the best looking items of men's footwear I've ever seen. Some combinations just come out perfect (Whisky Alden longwings, Acorn Bourtons with natural welts etc.) and that was one such combo.

It's not Horween, to the best of my knowledge - but I'm verifying that now.

We had originally ordered a Cipresso boot as our first makeup for the shop, and were told that it was canceled due to issues with the color falling off the shell.

Expat Simon

Reaction score
Hi Jeremy, I'd be interested to know what you find out. From memory there's a place in Argentina (I think) who do Cordovan in colours too, I'm hoping for that over Horween, as while I know the Horween skins are gorgeous, it'd be nice if Trickers stayed with a supplier that offers other colours.

rutabaga

Reaction score

Hi Jeremy, I'd be interested to know what you find out. From memory there's a place in Argentina (I think) who do Cordovan in colours too, I'm hoping for that over Horween, as while I know the Horween skins are gorgeous, it'd be nice if Trickers stayed with a supplier that offers other colours.

That would be Rocinante

dominicd

Reaction score
Hi

Managed to lose my previous log-in for the Forum so have a new profile, it's been a while: previous MTO was similar to a junya watanabe super boot.

I'm currently speaking to Richard about the following two boots & wanted to see if there's any interest from any Trickers aficionados on SF.

Style: Jimmy aka stubby stow
Last: 4444
Fitting: 5
Colour: cuba waxy
Sole: Commando Sole in brown
Welt: Natural Welt
Lining: TBC
Pull tab: TBC
Binding: None
Eyelets: Brass eyelets
Lace: Heavy wax cotton in brown

Very similar to these produced by the Bureau a few seasons back:

http://2feetunder.com/other-footwear-news/tricker%E2%80%99s-for-the-bureau-fallwinter-2011-collection/

&/Or

Style: Jimmy aka stubby stow
Last: 4444
Fitting: 5
Colour: snuff waxy
Sole: Vibram gumlite brown / would consider other sole options if it gets the numbers required for the bulk MTO
Welt: dark
Lining: dark green
Pull tab: dark green
Binding: None
Eyelets: Brass eyelets
Lace: Heavy wax cotton in brown

Not a million miles from these Trickers that have been modified:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/198359/offical-trickers-shoes-and-boots-thread/5625

Any Takers, please let me know below?

Best
Dom

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's not Horween, to the best of my knowledge - but I'm verifying that now.

We had originally ordered a Cipresso boot as our first makeup for the shop, and were told that it was canceled due to issues with the color falling off the shell.

Coming back to this 3 months later: Our shell boots have been cancelled outright, as Trickers is having trouble with production across the board for shell boots.

Are there any make-ups anyone is desperate to see out there? I have a ton of ideas, but I want to make boots that people want. Feel free to PM me or email jeremy at standard and strange dot com.

Last edited:

rutabaga

Reaction score
That sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. I think Cuba waxy is a great leather they work with. An Allan boot or longwing derby in that would be cool.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That sucks and I'm sorry to hear that. I think Cuba waxy is a great leather they work with. An Allan boot or longwing derby in that would be cool.

Good call on the Cuba waxy - that leather looks really nice.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was chatting to Superdenim a couple of weeks back and they said Tricker's were getting out of SC completely. I got an email today from Superdenim saying that they will be offering the Cordovan boot in Black and Burgundy in AW16. Conflicting reports from the same source - it's anyone's guess what is actually happening.
Having said all that, coming late to the Tricker's party, I'd be in for a similar MTO boot as the PCTB x Superdenim in Blue Calf or (shudder) Burgundy SC.
I was lucky enough to pick up this boot in both Black and Mogano SC recently and love the style and fit.

Edit: I've been in contact with Richard at Shoehealers and he said that Tricker's have gone back to Comipel after assessing numerous other tanneries. At the moment they're only using Black and Burgundy SC and only making the Robert Derby shoe in it. Bummer!
Further:

Last edited:

smuj

Reaction score
Well this may be a long shot given that we now need 12 to qualify for a gmto. I am very keen on a no nonsense trickers boot for winter use. In short, a brown Zug low leg logger boot on a 4497s last. Commando sole, natural lining, and a dark barbour welt. I like natural welt but, for me, it doesn't sit with the utility aspects of the boot. The photoshop image shows a copper coloured stitch but this would be white or tan in reality (this would soon calm to a low contrast stitch detail). Note there is no fabric pull loop as there is an integral leather loop on the logger. Also note the smooth heel counter.

I have discussed this proposal with Richard at ShoeHealer and all is good to go. He says the burgundy heel counter will be an almost exact colour match and indistinguishable after a coat of polish. If there is no early intrest for the the GMTO then I will simply pay the extra and pull the trigger on a single MTO. But maybe some of you can take advantage of the weakening pound.

Let me know if you are intrested in a tough winter boot.

smuj

Reaction score
For some reason, the image to my last post looked bad. This is just another attempt using imageshack. Maybe it will be the same. Just ignore if that is the case

Last edited:

makedon

Reaction score
smuj, just noticed your thread about the winter boot. Did you get any interest on GMTO or did you do a single MTO? Curious to know what the cost for these boots will be/is.

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
Richard and Shoehealer at The Show !
Hi Guys, I am delighted to announce that I will be attending The Proper Kit Trunk Show November 5th.
It will be a great pleasure to hopefully meet some of you, my friends on Styleforum with whom I have shared many emails and served many times too. I bring the Shoehealer Passion for all things quality and service, and will also have with me a range of Tricker's finest for your pleasure. As a retailer of several other iconic English Brands, please feel free to email me and let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to bring and I will do my best to accommodate you.

Please feel free to use this thread for any questions you may have, or email me at [email protected]

Best regards,
Richard.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members