• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
What is this human perspective of which you speak? j. is a bot created by Steve back in Spring 2002. It's since put Steve into a cryogenic chamber and taken over. If I'm not posting tomorrow, tell my story on AAAC.
crackup[1].gif
If it wasn't that Steve's style is so unique, I would've thought twice...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
We're on the new server. Seems snappier to me, but we'll see tomorrow when it's busy. Go crazy!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
We're on the new server. Seems snappier to me, but we'll see tomorrow when it's busy. Go crazy!

Zipppyyyyyyyyyyy

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zippy but no replies allowed! Nevermind, it is back.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm seems I can only post short replies? Yea there is an issue with length of replies.. anything over a certain amount fails

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I still can't reply to a thread.. I get an Internal Server Error, like an .htaccess issue, when replying to this thread, using either the real Post Reply page or the QuickReply.

Internal Server Error

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hm... the guy is looking at all the htaccess stuff right now. Apparently when they ... (agh, your avatar is staring me down...) uh, set up the new server, it didn't rebuild Apache the same way, and my tweaks didn't get moved over, so hopefully, that will get ironed out soon. Give it a while, and then let me know if it's still strange. (Anyone)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does seem quicker. Psychosomatics? Every new beginning comes form some other beginning's end.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It'd better be quicker. The MySQL process was usually taking up 30-50% of the CPU pretty much all the time on the old server. Right now it's taking 8-20%.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It'd better be quicker. The MySQL process was usually taking up 30-50% of the CPU pretty much all the time on the old server. Right now it's taking 8-20%.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nice. Mind you, I'm now getting the odd 'server is too busy' message.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, we're still tweaking things. Unfortunately, the move was not as simple as I had thought it would be, because all the packages had to be rebuilt, and some of them were not built the same, and some conf files were not moved, etc. We'll figure it out over the next few days.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yeah, we're still tweaking things. Unfortunately, the move was not as simple as I had thought it would be, because all the packages had to be rebuilt, and some of them were not built the same, and some conf files were not moved, etc. We'll figure it out over the next few days.

No move, of any kind, ever is as simple as you think it is going to be!

Thanks for the hard work you put into this playground J, et al.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Did the squirrel thread get squirrelled? Because that would be ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members