• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The size L jumper I have measures 60 cm for the chest. But I vaguely remember earlier discussions in this thread about how the some garment measures refer to your actual chest circumference rather than that of the garment.
Hello X,

Hope you are well and thank you for contacting us here at Drake's.

The size chart for the Shetland jumpers shows the garment measurements (flat lay) and I would advise the chest is taken 2 cm below the armhole, pit-to-pt.

The Shetland jumpers runs small and we advise to size up by one size from ordinary size.

If you would have any inquiries or if I may assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

So this is confusing now haha. Your measurements are bigger than it says on the site but he said it runs small. :rotflmao:

Wim

Reaction score
Hello X,

Hope you are well and thank you for contacting us here at Drake's.

The size chart for the Shetland jumpers shows the garment measurements (flat lay) and I would advise the chest is taken 2 cm below the armhole, pit-to-pt.

The Shetland jumpers runs small and we advise to size up by one size from ordinary size.

If you would have any inquiries or if I may assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

So this is confusing now haha. Your measurements are bigger than it says on the site but he said it runs small. :rotflmao:
Drake’s sizing….. the stuff of legends

Jawnzville

Reaction score
Hey all, so I’m headed for London on the 29th of December. It’s going to be my first time, so was wondering if anyone could suggest brands close to Drake’s that I could go and peruse. Obviously I’ll be going into Drake’s, but what else is good that’s close to Mayfair/SoHo areas?

jmbb

Reaction score
Hey all, so I’m headed for London on the 29th of December. It’s going to be my first time, so was wondering if anyone could suggest brands close to Drake’s that I could go and peruse. Obviously I’ll be going into Drake’s, but what else is good that’s close to Mayfair/SoHo areas?

Bit of a walk, but worth going to Marylebone for Drake's-adjacent stuff. John Simons, Grey Flannel, and Trunk are pretty much next door to each other, then Anglo-Italian is around the corner. In Fitzrovia, Clutch Cafe is there and Natalino are about to open their first store close by.

Mayfair and St James are better for trad clothing (e.g. most places on Jermyn St); Soho has a lot of outposts of larger brands.

SirDope

Reaction score
Bit of a walk, but worth going to Marylebone for Drake's-adjacent stuff. John Simons, Grey Flannel, and Trunk are pretty much next door to each other, then Anglo-Italian is around the corner. In Fitzrovia, Clutch Cafe is there and Natalino are about to open their first store close by.

Mayfair and St James are better for trad clothing (e.g. most places on Jermyn St); Soho has a lot of outposts of larger brands.
So I think we’re staying on the border of Mayfair and Marylbone. I’ll definitely check out Anglo because I love the cuts on their denim, hopefully Natalino opens by then because I want some rollnecks* and their price point for quality is unmatched in my eyes. Have a few pieces from them and I can’t recommend them enough.

Jawnzville

Reaction score

So I think we’re staying on the border of Mayfair and Marylbone. I’ll definitely check out Anglo because I love the cuts on their denim, hopefully Natalino opens by then because I want some rollnecks* and their price point for quality is unmatched in my eyes. Have a few pieces from them and I can’t recommend them enough.

Jawnzville

Reaction score
Old account sorry… 😅😅

Wim

Reaction score
For a top notch umbrella, I like Brigg in Picccadilly Arcade, and around the corner from Drake’s on Clifford St is the Anderson&Sheppard haberdashery where I like the knitwear.

carterneeld

Reaction score
To jump on to this list of asking for recommendations:

Any recommendations for Manchester? I am going tomorrow-Saturday (I live in NYC, so don't get to the UK often).

Made an appt to the Private White VC store, but am curious if there is anywhere else I should visit.

Rolf

Reaction score

Anglo is unfortunately typically closed for the Holidays. I would also recommend Brycelands (same street as Trunk).

Treble

Reaction score
To jump on to this list of asking for recommendations:

Any recommendations for Manchester? I am going tomorrow-Saturday (I live in NYC, so don't get to the UK often).

Made an appt to the Private White VC store, but am curious if there is anywhere else I should visit.

Rivet & Hide for Denim
Doherty Evans & Stott stock some classic menswear brands (I haven't visited)
Bionic Seven for some vintage
Yards Store for more modern / streetwear
This Thing of Ours for Tech / Gorpcore

macgregory800

Reaction score
Looking for some advice please.

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on the waxed coverall (navy).

Can any owners comment on the length of the arms.

My current drakes jackets are size 42 and the arms fit well (Coggins waxed fishing jacket & Cotton Canvas Chasseur jacket).

I know Barbours waxed jackets have shorter arms. I guess because they are modelled on hunting/working jackets.

For reference I’m 6’3, 173lbs.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member