• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AW84

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m torn on sizes for the drakes Crosby boot. I called drakes and two associates gave me two different sizing opinions.

One said size half up like the website says. Other says he sizes down one full size.

Im a size US 8 wide and wear a size US 8 in my sneakers, and a size US 8E in my Allen edmonds. Thoughts?

why not buy both and return the one that doesn’t fit?

shoewarma

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m torn on sizes for the drakes Crosby boot. I called drakes and two associates gave me two different sizing opinions.

One said size half up like the website says. Other says he sizes down one full size.

Im a size US 8 wide and wear a size US 8 in my sneakers, and a size US 8E in my Allen edmonds. Thoughts?
I went true to size (8.5 US, 7.5 UK), and out of the box, they were a little bit snug. But, with break in, they loosened up quite a bit. Since you've got a wider foot, I'd agree with everyone who suggested to size up by half.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that I noticed a substantial difference in the shape of the toe box between my own and my buddy's Crosby. Mine is rounder, whereas his has an almond-y round shape, and looked to be a touch narrower. I believe they were produced in the same year and am not aware of a change in last shape. If you have an opportunity to try then on in-store, definitely do that.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
I went true to size (8.5 US, 7.5 UK), and out of the box, they were a little bit snug. But, with break in, they loosened up quite a bit. Since you've got a wider foot, I'd agree with everyone who suggested to size up by half.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that I noticed a substantial difference in the shape of the toe box between my own and my buddy's Crosby. Mine is rounder, whereas his has an almond-y round shape, and looked to be a touch narrower. I believe they were produced in the same year and am not aware of a change in last shape. If you have an opportunity to try then on in-store, definitely do that.

No drakes store near me sadly. What feels even worse is that I actually went to the drakes flagship in London during a trip this past spring and tried on the Crosby but for the life of me I can’t remember what size I tried on.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
why not buy both and return the one that doesn’t fit?

I was looking at the pairs on sale on ssense and they only have my true to size. I also have another opportunity to buy a pair on an after market set in a half size up. Both deals are pretty good, but can’t return or exchange the 8uk pair.

henrip

Reaction score
Has anyone here bought this ALD collab ocbd? It seems a lot shorter than Drake’s normal ocbd but I was wondering if it fits otherwise the same. Also I haven’t seen any pictures of it in the lookbook so the exact tone of color is a question mark as well. Is it really pale or more saturated yellow?

4E1E853F-724F-4FC5-9F4A-62D06A7F5423.jpeg

Last edited:

Howfener

Reaction score
There’s some Drake’s stuff for sale at Doherty, Evans and Stott in Manchester including on their website. That includes suede chore coats for under £900 iirc.

Nat25

Reaction score
Has anyone bought or tried on a rocky mountain featherbed from drakes or anywhere else? did you size up 2 sizes? ie if im a 40 should i be going 44? thanks.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Has anyone bought or tried on a rocky mountain featherbed from drakes or anywhere else? did you size up 2 sizes? ie if im a 40 should i be going 44? thanks.
Compared to a Drake’s blazer I went up 1 size, so my usual Drake’s size is 42 for jackets and I now have a 44 Rocky Mountain Christy vest.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessepallison