• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vandelay74

Reaction score
Yeah they’re great. I think theyre both mens actually, same model, different seasons, 11 and 10. I think haha. They’re in great shape not a lot of use. 12.99 each. Hopefully some meat on the bone.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
Two-stop today… Pop! for me on the Ridgeway sole…

IMG_6267.jpeg

IMG_6269.jpeg

IMG_6268.jpeg

IMG_6270.jpeg

IMG_6272.jpeg

IMG_6271.jpeg

Reaction score
@Warrengardner has a Brioni suit that was worn by Eric Clapton. Now that is a cool piece.

I bought an Eric Clapton donated Brioni suit from a charity shop about 10 years ago. It was a goldish-beige 100% silk shantung - beautiful but completely impractical. Think I wore it maybe twice before selling it on.

The shop was in Kings Road in Chelsea and was known for taking in large donations from celebrities. Used to be well worth a visit but at a certain point their prices just became unhinged (even with the current state of thrift shop price inflation).

mistermidwester

Reaction score
None of these sport coats are big name brands, all vintage custom jobs for smaller shops, but the colors whip. Perfect for spring. Found them all at one estate sale this morning.

IMG_8394.jpeg

Also this 70s tweed Cricketeer 3 piece. Honestly as nice as some bigger name brands from the same era.

IMG_8396.jpeg

Lastly, a pair of worn twice (or thrice) AE MacNeils. Usually skip AEs at this point, but these are in great shape.

IMG_8397.jpeg

jbie

Reaction score
I bought an Eric Clapton donated Brioni suit from a charity shop about 10 years ago. It was a goldish-beige 100% silk shantung - beautiful but completely impractical. Think I wore it maybe twice before selling it on.

The shop was in Kings Road in Chelsea and was known for taking in large donations from celebrities. Used to be well worth a visit but at a certain point their prices just became unhinged (even with the current state of thrift shop price inflation).
British Red Cross right? I don’t think I’ve seen anything under £50 in that store last time I visited. Once in the Notting Hill branch they had a few Zegna cloth suits for £300…

fpm9

Reaction score
Found a pair of black AE loafers, fits almost perfectly but I may need to stretch them to try to make then 1/4 size larger. I never had black loafers before, maybe it would work with charcoal trousers and a navy blazer.

Florsheim shoes that look too glossy, not a big loss if Renomat and conditioner don't help.

No clue how I'll wear this tie but the colors were calling my name. The jacket fits well however, will be nice in the fall.

Attachments

• 20240309_172121.jpg
    20240309_172121.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240309_172030.jpg
    20240309_172030.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20240309_172001.jpg
    20240309_172001.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 56

RFHansen

Reaction score

Regarding the last part of this quote about prices going crazy... are others seeing the same pattern in your respective areas?

The price increases at Red Cross here in Copenhagen have been almost exponential – prices are often 5-10 times what they used to be (or can be in other stores).

It's not just the good stuff. I'm talking '80s polyester tuxedos at $70, random leather shoes at $40-50, shirts at $20, ties $10-15. One shop has a Corneliani suit for $175, so that's a $75 loss reselling that on a good day.

The most outdated fish mouth lapel 3-button sport coats that nobody will ever want will set you back $30. Even on 50% discount days there is no meat on the bone. It's absolutely nuts. Another spot that I used to go to for fodder ties just increased the price of those 300% to about $5. What do they think it is, the Weimar Republic?

It's like they have a general notion that 'second hand is really trendy, so now everything has to be super expensive'.

There are plenty of other thrift chains, but with Red Cross being a significant player in the game, it sucks that so many spots are not worth going to any longer.

RFHansen

Reaction score
Found a pair of black AE loafers, fits almost perfectly but I may need to stretch them to try to make then 1/4 size larger. I never had black loafers before, maybe it would work with charcoal trousers and a navy blazer.

Florsheim shoes that look too glossy, not a big loss if Renomat and conditioner don't help.

No clue how I'll wear this tie but the colors were calling my name. The jacket fits well however, will be nice in the fall.

I have several pairs of black loafers and find them to be quite versatile. Wearing a pair today, in fact. They go well with gray, brown, tan or blue trousers.

fpm9

Reaction score
I have several pairs of black loafers and find them to be quite versatile. Wearing a pair today, in fact. They go well with gray, brown, tan or blue trousers.
THank you, I will try that. I was afraid that the casual aspect of the loafer would contrast too much with the more formal black color.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member