• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not RRL but my SA pulled aside this purple label safari jacket for me for the sale. Does anyone have experience with it?

IMG_1573.jpeg

michaelvl

Reaction score
Not RRL but my SA pulled aside this purple label safari jacket for me for the sale. Does anyone have experience with it?

View attachment 2170507
Yes, I have this jacket but in Army green. Mine is from fall 2016. At the time it was also offered in navy. Around 2020 or so, it was offered anew, but if I recall correctly only in navy.

This beige example is novel to me, as well as the addition of the hood. I think it looks better sans hood to be honest. I would hope that the hood is detachable.

Mine is light weigh, perfectly suitable for temperatures around 15-20 degrees celsius. The 2016 version was also advertised as being made of water repellent cotton, it lives up to that in practice.
The buttons are made of horn and the overall quality of the piece is great, mine still looks quite fresh after the 8 years I have owned it. Style wise, I find it consistent, well put together and I especially like the design of the chest pockets. Something you don't come across often. It furthermore fits true to size.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember RLPL used to do hidden hood field jacket (more tactical RLBL type, don't remember RLBL ever did a M65/field jacket/etc type with a hood though), I really I wish I have picked up on that

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have this jacket but in Army green. Mine is from fall 2016. At the time it was also offered in navy. Around 2020 or so, it was offered anew, but if I recall correctly only in navy.

This beige example is novel to me, as well as the addition of the hood. I think it looks better sans hood to be honest. I would hope that the hood is detachable.

Mine is light weigh, perfectly suitable for temperatures around 15-20 degrees celsius. The 2016 version was also advertised as being made of water repellent cotton, it lives up to that in practice.
The buttons are made of horn and the overall quality of the piece is great, mine still looks quite fresh after the 8 years I have owned it. Style wise, I find it consistent, well put together and I especially like the design of the chest pockets. Something you don't come across often. It furthermore fits true to size.

Thanks!

I agree the hood being detachable, or at least hideable, would be strongly preferred.

Edit - confirmed the hood detaches and it is also made of water repellent cotton. Going to be hard to pass up unless it doesn’t fit well.

Last edited:

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Buzz chinos should arrive next week. They are coming from Japan. I'll post on here after I receive them.
The Buzz chinos arrived and they are amazing. The quality and styling are superb. The fit is exactly what I was looking for. As soon as I tried them on, I thought I need to get another pair. 😆

heebalabala

Reaction score
Heel slippage in cowboy boots should be expected and is perfectly normal.

Edited to add: There is a wide world of cowboy boots out there. Unless you're a complete brand enthusiast/addict who wears RRL from your hat down to the socks, don't lock in on RRL cowboy boots. You can find much better value, more interesting materials, and a lot more style options in the wider marketplace.

Last edited:

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edited to add: There is a wide world of cowboy boots out there. Unless you're a complete brand enthusiast/addict who wears RRL from your hat down to the socks, don't lock in on RRL cowboy boots. You can find much better value, more interesting materials, and a lot more style options in the wider marketplace.
Wide range of western wear. Ralph has a unique enough spin most of the time. While his boots are made by Rios, a respected name, come with leathers sourced from his ranch with interesting patterns. I have the bison and roughouts which I love! Consequently, the wool fedora I bought is nice but next time I’ll probably go Stetson and get a higher quality fur for the same or better price. That said, I cannot even begin to justify why I have as many RRL bandanas that I do. Just that I love em and think they’re special. I’ll pause before spending a buck fifty on a Henley but won’t bat an eye if it’s an interesting bandana lol.

kurdo

Reaction score

I am not really into cowboy boots, but love RRLs take on those boots (only the Chelseas and the British-made "regular" boot). They are perfect to wear either formally or casually in a European city. What I mean is, they look unique enough, but not out of place. Are there other brands with that perfect balance?

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
By the way, Cultizm is running a promo. New RRL stuff is 15% off and you can get an extra 15% off with this code: SALE15

Those LE high slim turquoise jeans end up less than $350 shipped to the US.

kurdo

Reaction score
Those LE high slim turquoise jeans end up less than $350 shipped to the USUS.

Tempted to buy these, got a whole bunch of aloha shirts this would go nice with. Not sure how often I'd wear this though, it looks very bright :p

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads