• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kurdo

Reaction score
Its showing 34 available:

I wear 34 and they were VERY tight on me for some reason. But I am losing weight and did manage to button em up last time I tried. Even bought suspenders so I can wear em without a belt. They're just too beautiful to send back.

It's only available on the US website. On the NL website it's sold out in all sizes.

In fact, the US website has the perfect size available for me: a Length 30, Width 33 is available. But I can't order from there; ralphlauren.com's US website won't ship to my US freight forwarder and keeps declining my Dutch credit card.

Edit: the 1 item they had left in L30/W33 sold out while I hopelessly attempted to check out.

Edit 2: just received an email from PayPal summarizing a ralphlauren US order. I guess the order went through? They'll probably cancel it though..

Last edited:

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does rrl produce the same deck jackets every every year?

Last fall winter was the navy blue one, this spring is white one which I love.

I also noticed this older one

1706738148259.png

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think that navy deck jacket has attained core item status as they've had that for many years now.

Over the years they've done many patch jackets but seems like more often they're on varsity type jackets rather than deck jacket. This season's deck jacket with black cat 13 patch (or very similar) has been featured many times. I've got a wool varsity jacket with that patch my wife has attempted to hijack despite being many sizes too large for her.

That black cat 13 deck jacket is on my list for this season.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything western about those wingtip chelseas. If you want wingtip Chelseas, take a look at Tricker's Henry. Henry is on 4444 last which fits big. They will cost more but much better construction and materials. Tricker's can be found on sale a lot. Check their outlet store.

You should dive into the deep end of goodyear welt or stichdown construction. Start looking for Crockett & Jones, Tricker's, Viberg. Some more White's too while you're at it.

Those RRL Chelseas you got seem like a <$500 boot. Most of the RRL footwear from a known OEM seems about 25% more but the RRL version usually has some cool extra details like different heels/soles.
I have a stupid amount of shoes. Lots of green boxes from C&J, Alden, etc. Yet the RRL Chelseas are consistently my most worn boot and they have been everywhere with me. They are always next to the door and easily the pair I reach for more than any other. I am not sure why, but the utility and ease of fit (never as snug or structured as my C&J, and yet...) as well as a 10 year old footbed that is nicely broken in make them an extremely comfortable choice. I have been recently wondering if Rios will rebuild a pair like they do for their own or if I will just need to replace at some point. I will probably pick up the suede soon just for some variety. FWIW, I really like the congress boot...

kurdo

Reaction score
I have a stupid amount of shoes. Lots of green boxes from C&J, Alden, etc. Yet the RRL Chelseas are consistently my most worn boot and they have been everywhere with me. They are always next to the door and easily the pair I reach for more than any other. I am not sure why, but the utility and ease of fit (never as snug or structured as my C&J, and yet...) as well as a 10 year old footbed that is nicely broken in make them an extremely comfortable choice. I have been recently wondering if Rios will rebuild a pair like they do for their own or if I will just need to replace at some point. I will probably pick up the suede soon just for some variety. FWIW, I really like the congress boot...

I ended up getting these boots in size 44 EU, which is my usual size for sneakers and most other boots. However, I am not sure if I made the right decision despite the shoes fitting comfortably, so I just ordered a size 43 to compare.

I have a pair of white's boots (the packers) that are a size 9EE, which are a size 42 EU according to a conversion table I found. That's 2 sizes down from this boot.

This size 44 with thick socks on fit comfortably: snugly where the feet is widest, but a bit roomy at the ankle and heel. I also don't think my toes reach the point, but can't really tell because of the hard rounded toe.

I have read that with leather jackets, it's best to size down because the material stretches with age and wear. Does the same go for leather boots?

View attachment 2122421

Update:

I just received my size 43s and tried them on, with an emphasis on tried.
I can't even get my feet inside the size 43 EU (10D US). I will be sticking to the 44 EU, the "little room" in the ankles is probably normal because the fit is otherwise great.

oksir83

Reaction score
Update:

I just received my size 43s and tried them on, with an emphasis on tried.
I can't even get my feet inside the size 43 EU (10D US). I will be sticking to the 44 EU, the "little room" in the ankles is probably normal because the fit is otherwise great.
Chelsea boots are always loose around my ankle as well. No problem as long as the foot fits and no heel slip.

oksir83

Reaction score
RRL hat, leather yoke jacket, vintage fit, Viberg.
Really enjoying the same jacket and glad I picked it up on sale. Sure, it looks like something from Kmart in the 80s as some folks have said. However, my dad used to wear a similar jacket, so it has some personal nostalgia attached to it and it seems to be a very well-made piece with some nice RRL touches.

Bing75

Reaction score
Hey has anyone got these, how do they fit?

s7-1485077_lifestyle

I'm a 30-32 waist depending on the cut etc but the site have 1 pair left in a 30w and 32leg oh and I'm a 30leg so they'll need hemming and I wonder if that line around the shin area would look odd.

Kinda liking this too

s7-1484888_lifestyle

thanks

oksir83

Reaction score
Hey has anyone got these, how do they fit?

s7-1485077_lifestyle

I'm a 30-32 waist depending on the cut etc but the site have 1 pair left in a 30w and 32leg oh and I'm a 30leg so they'll need hemming and I wonder if that line around the shin area would look odd.

Kinda liking this too

s7-1484888_lifestyle

thanks
I typically wear a 33/34x32 in most jeans and the 34/32 I got was a little big for my tastes, both in waist and length. I was going to keep them and make them work, but found a 33x30, which fits much better. IMHO, they are a tad larger in waist and longer in length than TTS.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shellycharls9