• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hit up the spice table tonight. i thought it was pretty average. bok choy, beef rendang, some noodles and the chile prawn satay. only liked the rendang, which was a fairly good version of the dish. the other dishes were kind of misses. atmoshere and service were good though. doubt I'll go back.

tried the ludo bites truck after a few drinks at an event, they had a lot next to Vibiana....the fried chicken was great, the honey mustard sauce was too vinegary though.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wasn't wowed by everything at spice table either, but i really liked the satays they did.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to Mercato di Vetro yet?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^
Yeah, it's pretty good. I've had brunch there 3 or 4 times.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stella rosa, best pizza i've had in la. better than mozza imo

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Will have to check this out.

Ironically, ever since I moved up to L.A. I haven't eaten out around here nearly as much as I used to.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the crust is phenomenal. had the spinich pizza (good, but wanted to try the shaved mushroom) and the organic sausage. both really great, the sauce is phenomenal. I liked it better than mozza, but my memory fades with mozza. we went at 6, no wait.

need to try that corona del mar place you mentioned. was down there yesterday, cousin got a new place down there.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Cool I'm all about mushrooms and artisanal sausage, will give it a try.

Make sure you tell them well done when you go to johnnys.

I got a japanese bbq spot by south coast and a cheesesteak spot that is ******* good by goldenwest college if you're ever in that spot.

Last edited:

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what cheesteak place? my cousin used to be in hb, but upgraded to cdm. so not around there too much, but sometimes.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
johns philly grill, he's got 3 locations but the one on edinger is the best (better than the one on beach)

#2 pepper steak and better yet the mushroom steak (with peppers and onions) is legit

cdm has a couple of small spots that are supposed to be good but I haven't checked out, one is like a small donut/sandwich shop that I forgot the name of and have been meaning to go to

only other places worth a damn are bandera and gulfstream (fried fish sandwich w/wild rice or red snapper with rock shrimp and zydeco sauce you won't be disappointed)

there is also a mexican joint in a small strip mall next to ralphs or some **** on pch that you gotta turn into to notice, pretty good burritos that are enough for two

Last edited:

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
There's a new Philly cheese place opening at the old Thai spot on Virgil and Fountain. Wondering how that'll turn out.

If you guys haven't had lobster tacos at Ricky's across the street then you are seriously missing out. Kelv, it's even better than shrimp. Only problem is that it's only on the weekends and it's first-come so you gotta get there around 1 or 2 by the latest. Lobster season just started up so he should be good for a couple of months.

Also, Paradis is having their anniversary party on Sunday in Montrose. Free ice cream from 12-4. It'll be busy but the lines move quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads