• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've generally had success, but lately it's getting tedious and becoming a waste of time. I try to price fairly, but I've been getting alot of dead beat high bidders and once the high bidder backs out, second chance offers don't go through. I also get alot of people wanting me to ship outside of the global shipping program and want stuff marked as gifts.

The notion that people are profiting off of resales and rare shell is pretty thin, once you factor time, effort, time value of money and eBay % you lose 9.9x out of ten. The best I've done is breakeven trying to clean out pairs that are not getting or have never gotten any use. But I don't really know of any other platform that is better to help monetize unwanted shell and various impulse purchases.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I clearly dump my shell for too little nowadays.. Just a rant, but have others grown tired of trying to sell on ebay and here on SF? 

I've put some of my stuff over on GYW and get decent turnaround, but I also tend to price aggressive.. Just curious.

Yeah it's painful now compared to before. I see really well priced great items in B&S that don't seem to move. Lots of low ball offers too.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I clearly dump my shell for too little nowadays.. Just a rant, but have others grown tired of trying to sell on ebay and here on SF?

I've put some of my stuff over on GYW and get decent turnaround, but I also tend to price aggressive.. Just curious.

I've never used GYW... seems like a less clean navigation... my mind feels clusterf***** hahaha

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, 'rare' shell tend to sell pretty high on eBay, but you'll get an occasional good deal. I still buy/sell on eBay but I'll avoid selling if possible because the fees are so high (which is another reason why people list items so high). I listed a few items here, might try Grailed, and last resort is eBay.

Selling here on SF would be a lot easier if there was a better search/filter options set up for buyers. EX. if we could filter by size and brand

Last edited:

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can one you fine gentleman with greater alden knowledge explain the '12' on the far right of the pic below? I received this pair of aldens, in the wrong size from what I ordered (on ebay), and am just trying to get my ammunition together with the seller. They are clearly 11D's, but they were listed as 12's (assuming from the 12 on the far right).. Whats that 12 designate? Thanks in advance!
The 12 notes that this pair of shoes was the 12th pair made in the order. The size is clear in your photos these are an 11d.

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO selling on gr@iled and gyw is okay but eBay is where you really get a lot of action. Of course, you're paying the fees on eBay so maybe an $800 listing there nets you the same as a $700 listing on the other sites.

I've had dreadful luck selling on SF in the last year. I've listed things here and sold them on other places for a higher price almost immediately.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you've got an odd size, forget about any platform other than eBay. For me, that's the only place I've ever been able to sell anything.

usfpaul82

Reaction score
Guess I have caught the bug. Here is my small collection. Tiny compared to most. Got the Indys about a year ago and added the Chukkas and Dovers over the last month. I wear business casual to work and raw denim on the weekends so these work well so far. Would love to add a LWB or a shell, just not sure which route to go. I think color 8 LWB might be a little to dressy for my style.

Last edited:

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous!

You are looking good today in your Cigars.

Congrats on your new acquisition. That is a great blucher.

-Mike

Nice DV, these look amazing!

Those are some nice loafers you got there, buddy!

great boot DV. i have the plaintoe modified last boot from anatomica in color 8, black & ravello.

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
Thoughts on the two boots I've narrowed my next purchase to please. Plan on primarily casual use during the winter here in Atlanta.
http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-byron-plain-toe-boot-in-brown-regina-grain-d3810h/
http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...-for-epaulet-taunton-captoe-boot-alpine-grain
Thanks in advance.
ep taunton. im an alpine grain kind of guy.

Plaza NST's
so nice sir.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only really started rebuilding my shoe wardrobe for about 9 months. I definitely thought the B&S forum here would be 10.5D Barrie heaven, and it's cruel luck that almost no one active in this thread is that size :(

I've sniffed a couple things from members here but nothing has worked out so far. Ebay has still been the king IMO. It's slooow going there, a lot of the same thing for months on end (who in their right mind keeps paying to relist a $100 pair of beat to **** shoes?)... but I've gotten the following in the past few months:

Tan suede LWB from Leather Soul, almost new, $210
Brand new snuff suede LHS, $299
Almost new 405's, $240

Ebay is still where most (not all) folks dump ill fitting/closet cleanouts. I wish this forum got more action, it does seem to be pretty good for other sizes.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 12 notes that this pair of shoes was the 12th pair made in the order. The size is clear in your photos these are an 11d.

solid, thank you!

waiting to see what comes of this. waiting for the reseller to get back to me tomorrow

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads