• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As time goes on, I have appreciated the shape of the Barrie last more and more. It's a very nice balance of being roomy without looking too bulbous.

IMG_20231127_122734654.jpg

Ancestral Star

Reaction score

barutanseijin

Reaction score
This listing is kind of interesting. Neither my size or ever within my shoe budget, but apparently the first Alden make-up ever…?

I could wear those, but at that price forget it.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As time goes on, I have appreciated the shape of the Barrie last more and more. It's a very nice balance of being roomy without looking too bulbous.

View attachment 2078069
I tend to agree as well. Even though Grant last for my feet are comfortable and have such a nice shaped toe box, the Barrie is also a favorite last given my flat feet.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree as well. Even though Grant last for my feet are comfortable and have such a nice shaped toe box, the Barrie is also a favorite last given my flat feet.

I gave in to cyber Monday, and will soon be trying the 379x for the first time. I really don't know what to expect with it as sizing recommendations are very mixed.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave in to cyber Monday, and will soon be trying the 379x for the first time. I really don't know what to expect with it as sizing recommendations are very mixed.
I got sized at Brogue by Mack himself. My 379X is the same as Barrie (both half size down from Brannock). 379X has a very pronounced arch, but wasn't uncomfortable for my fallen arches.

What size did you go with?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got sized at Brogue by Mack himself. My 379X is the same as Barrie (both half size down from Brannock). 379X has a very pronounced arch, but wasn't uncomfortable for my fallen arches.

What size did you go with?

I went with my normal size, 1/2 up from the Barrie. I could wear the Barrie in my usual size too, as the instep is on the lower side or average. I read that arch feel is similar to the Modified, which is good for me. I also read that the instep of the 379x is on the lower side, so staying true to size might work for me. I'll know pretty quickly if the size is right, as I can usually tell right away.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with my normal size, 1/2 up from the Barrie. I could wear the Barrie in my usual size too, as the instep is on the lower side or average. I read that arch feel is similar to the Modified, which is good for me. I also read that the instep of the 379x is on the lower side, so staying true to size might work for me. I'll know pretty quickly if the size is right, as I can usually tell right away.
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts as well once you try them. I've seen too many mixed sizing advice from half down to TTS. I only tried on a pair quite awhile ago that was my barrie/TB size and while it fit, there wasn't a TTS shoe I could try for comparison.

Bavo

Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts as well once you try them. I've seen too many mixed sizing advice from half down to TTS. I only tried on a pair quite awhile ago that was my barrie/TB size and while it fit, there wasn't a TTS shoe I could try for comparison.
I’ll be interested to hear as well. My only 379x was available only in E width (I am a D). I went 1/2 down length from Brannock, and the fit is perfect. Makes me think that despite 379x being a longer last, TTS may work for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members