• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It’s a boot Saturday forum pals.

IMG_3090.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was going through my boots and I realized I had several browns, a slew of #8 and even a ravello but only a single black pair. I don't know why because black, especially shell, is pretty nice stuff. It seems to work with denim for dressing down and it can also be dressed up, depending on the style. Such a realization requires action if the opportunity presents. There is a higher chance of encountering that opportunity if one just happens to scour the interwebs to "accidentally" find a pair. Searching, searching, searching. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Ah ha! Pictures to follow.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Do the unlined chukkas stretch? Had a pair in 11D which always felt a slight bit large no matter how much I cranked down the laces so I never wore them. Was able to pick up a 10.5D during the Supply & Advise (RIP) clearance sale for cheap. They're pretty good overall but a little tight over the instep just below the laces when wearing a dress sock. Fit great without socks.

I'm really hoping I've found my size in the Leydon last. I've always loved the look of the unlined chukka but have always had trouble getting it to fit my foot.

Yeah, I would expect Unlined Suede to stretch out some.

-Mike

Norwester

Reaction score
After taking a brief detour to California, a pair of the recent Baldwin boots by David Wood has now landed in my closet. I was smitten by these when Brett Klein posted a photo on Instagram, and when they showed up on the website my size was one of just four available. But I already had a few purchases for the year and couldn't justify them in my mind, so I let them go to someone else. Scarcely two weeks go by, though, and they pop up on eBay at a hefty discount, so like any rational person would I recognized that as a sign that I had been given a second chance and grabbed them. I think they look better in person than photos show. The antique brass has a nice copper hue that reduces the "bling" factor. They should go quite well with light colored trousers.

Baldwin3.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After taking a brief detour to California, a pair of the recent Baldwin boots by David Wood has now landed in my closet. I was smitten by these when Brett Klein posted a photo on Instagram, and when they showed up on the website my size was one of just four available. But I already had a few purchases for the year and couldn't justify them in my mind, so I let them go to someone else. Scarcely two weeks go by, though, and they pop up on eBay at a hefty discount, so like any rational person would I recognized that as a sign that I had been given a second chance and grabbed them. I think they look better in person than photos show. The antique brass has a nice copper hue that reduces the "bling" factor. They should go quite well with light colored trousers.

View attachment 1984365
Color 8 + brass hardware = :bounce2:

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smooth Tobacco Chamois 'The Vintage Indy' for today.
20230703_120313.jpg
20230703_120427.jpg
20230703_120407.jpg
20230703_120525.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While preparing for the day I stumbled on to something remarkable; my ankles will uncross! This should make walking much easier.

IMG_3092.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads