• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

sargeinaz

Reaction score

jsong812

Reaction score
Cavour:
View attachment 1839333

Natalino:
View attachment 1839334

Apart from the difference in the shoulders, the lapels on the Cavour jacket are more restrained with a slightly lower gorge. The fit throughout the body feels the same but the sleeves on the Cavour jacket are fuller which suits the rest of the jacket better I feel.

On balance, I think I'll be returning the Natalino jacket - it is nice but there is one too many issues with it on my body. Main one being the shoulders.
Is this the cavour wool/cashmere herringbone from this year?

Shetterd

Reaction score
Cavour:
View attachment 1839333

Natalino:
View attachment 1839334

Apart from the difference in the shoulders, the lapels on the Cavour jacket are more restrained with a slightly lower gorge. The fit throughout the body feels the same but the sleeves on the Cavour jacket are fuller which suits the rest of the jacket better I feel.

On balance, I think I'll be returning the Natalino jacket - it is nice but there is one too many issues with it on my body. Main one being the shoulders.
Is this the same size or did you size down for Natalino?

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, these are the light wash. I have bought the light blue and the mid blue wash and they are both nice.

Sorry but I don't have anything from Levi's to compare. What I can say is that the rise is quite high for denim as the waistband sits about 3 to 4 cm below my belly-button (it feels quite similar to my jeans from Drakes in that matter).

That looks great! Did you get the same size as your Drakes jeans? Are they are more or less roomy? I really like the shaping on my Drakes jeans and would like to know what you think.

MaE

Reaction score
That looks great! Did you get the same size as your Drakes jeans? Are they are more or less roomy? I really like the shaping on my Drakes jeans and would like to know what you think.

No, not at all. My Drake’s jeans are a size 30 and the Natalino ones are 34x32. I’d say that the latter are a bit roomier in the hips and thighs with a nice taper and a leg opening that is quite similar to the leg opening on the pair I have from Drake’s.

pyunghwa

Reaction score
I am not Mitchell (although I have, on occasion, self-identified as the Walmart version thereof), but here's some pictures for comparison.

I think the gorge is pretty much identical to the jackets I own from other makers. It's high, but that's part of the style. FWIW, I much prefer the fit of Natalino's jackets to Spier's, they're basically the same price, and my Natalino orders get from Europe to New York faster than Spier orders even leave their Toronto warehouse . . .

'22 Natalino (taupe high twist, along with their new chinos)
View attachment 1843042
recent Spier Neo
View attachment 1843037
older Spier non-neo
View attachment 1843038
Ring Jacket
View attachment 1843041

Thanks for showing the side by side! It definitely helped me make the leap - bought the jacket and pants in the chocolate linen.

BTW, what are the shoes you're wearing with the corduroy jacket! Very nice silhouette.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, not at all. My Drake’s jeans are a size 30 and the Natalino ones are 34x32. I’d say that the latter are a bit roomier in the hips and thighs with a nice taper and a leg opening that is quite similar to the leg opening on the pair I have from Drake’s.
Thanks for that. I might give their ecru denim a try.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Awaiting delivery of the grey wool coverts (which are on sale now, btw). Anyone have any photos or thoughts on them they'd care to share?

I think they're very nice. I like the Natalino cut, and the cloth, though hardly uncommon, is one of my favorites: good drape, good crease, and some visual interest. I wear mine regularly.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elirobertson50