• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

Mirage-

Reaction score
I see new denim is available and now also around 10% more expensive.
yeah it's a bit perplexing when the old one is still available in various sizes/colours (inlcuding the raw indigo missing in the new batch) and not even being discounted or otherwise marked as discontinued, nor there is any real explanation as to what's different (though the size charts are very slightly different I believe)

Marshak

Reaction score
yeah it's a bit perplexing when the old one is still available in various sizes/colours (inlcuding the raw indigo missing in the new batch) and not even being discounted or otherwise marked as discontinued, nor there is any real explanation as to what's different (though the size charts are very slightly different I believe)

Just received the midblues and the fit is excellent, better than the previous pattern which tapering was a bit slim. Of course it's too onerous for a pair of jeans but regarding it's made in Japan, it's on par with Orslow and others high end denims makers, slightly cheaper.

Mirage-

Reaction score
I actually ended up grabbing the lone yellow (according to the webpage, "marzipan" according to the tag) Shetland that came back in stock in the sales, and upon receipt...I must say I instantly fell in love.
Colour is very wearable as expected from pictures, definitely not a bright yellow.

But more importantly: the fit is actually precisely what I had been looking for ages. It's shorter, but not almost cropped as I feared (don't need real high waist trousers, a high-ish mid rise is enough), and compared to my mostly Italian knits it's roomier in the chest and, importantly for me, it has space in the arms so that you can actually comfortably fit a shirt under it if you want; yet doesn't look baggy overall.
The neck design is just perfect. It's tall on the back (reminiscent of a mock neck), slightly higher than most on the front but not too much, nor tight in any way (I only ever bought one knit from J.Smedley and I felt like it was trying to strangle me, for comparison).
Sure the Shetland wool isn't super nice on the naked neck, but it's also not too bad, and on the other hand the raised neck means it looks much better than most knits on its own if desired. It also keeps the lower back of the neck warm, which is largely the reason why I don't wear crew or v necks much (also in turn depending on the fact I don't usually find them very comfortable over dress shirts).

I've also had a little bit of a shock in realizing that there are no seams running longitudinally through the arms as far as I can tell. I knew Shetlands are often knit in a tube on the body so no side seams, but had never heard that applied to the arms as well, believe it or not.
I've mostly worn merino up to now and actually have had a few cases of irritation even though it is in theory more comfortable for the skin, which is also why I wasn't too sure to try shetlands. But what I've realized over time is that wool (which I wear all the time) wasn't the culprit in itself, the fairly thick inner seam running across the arm up to the (often, in italian sweaters, tight) cuff was the one thing that, if it happened to press down e.g. on an armrest, sometimes caused it. And this dodges that problem altogether of course.
All in all, I'm definitely a convert to Scottish knitwear after this.

The only thing I might have to note is that the arms are nowhere long enough to actually turn back the cuff like the models do, they are just right for me without the turnup, and I'm not tall. So I think those can be a bit misleading.

Last edited:

MaE

Reaction score
Just received the midblues and the fit is excellent, better than the previous pattern which tapering was a bit slim. Of course it's too onerous for a pair of jeans but regarding it's made in Japan, it's on par with Orslow and others high end denims makers, slightly cheaper.

Hey, may I ask you how much wider they are compared to the old ones ? I have two pair of the old ones that I quite like, but they would indeed be much better if they were a bit wider from the knee down. Thanks !

Marshak

Reaction score
Hey, may I ask you how much wider they are compared to the old ones ? I have two pair of the old ones that I quite like, but they would indeed be much better if they were a bit wider from the knee down. Thanks !

+0,5 cm to the knee and hem in 32 size. It may be not much but it greatly improves the fit of the leg and reduces the bagging effect to the knee.

jdhoop

Reaction score
I actually ended up grabbing the lone yellow (according to the webpage, "marzipan" according to the tag) Shetland that came back in stock in the sales, and upon receipt...I must say I instantly fell in love.
Colour is very wearable as expected from pictures, definitely not a bright yellow.

But more importantly: the fit is actually precisely what I had been looking for ages. It's shorter, but not almost cropped as I feared (don't need real high waist trousers, a high-ish mid rise is enough), and compared to my mostly Italian knits it's roomier in the chest and, importantly for me, it has space in the arms so that you can actually comfortably fit a shirt under it if you want; yet doesn't look baggy overall.
The neck design is just perfect. It's tall on the back (reminiscent of a mock neck), slightly higher than most on the front but not too much, nor tight in any way (I only ever bought one knit from J.Smedley and I felt like it was trying to strangle me, for comparison).
Sure the Shetland wool isn't super nice on the naked neck, but it's also not too bad, and on the other hand the raised neck means it looks much better than most knits on its own if desired. It also keeps the lower back of the neck warm, which is largely the reason why I don't wear crew or v necks much (also in turn depending on the fact I don't usually find them very comfortable over dress shirts).

I've also had a little bit of a shock in realizing that there are no seams running longitudinally through the arms as far as I can tell. I knew Shetlands are often knit in a tube on the body so no side seams, but had never heard that applied to the arms as well, believe it or not.
I've mostly worn merino up to now and actually have had a few cases of irritation even though it is in theory more comfortable for the skin, which is also why I wasn't too sure to try shetlands. But what I've realized over time is that wool (which I wear all the time) wasn't the culprit in itself, the fairly thick inner seam running across the arm up to the (often, in italian sweaters, tight) cuff was the one thing that, if it happened to press down e.g. on an armrest, sometimes caused it. And this dodges that problem altogether of course.
All in all, I'm definitely a convert to Scottish knitwear after this.

The only thing I might have to note is that the arms are nowhere long enough to actually turn back the cuff like the models do, they are just right for me without the turnup, and I'm not tall. So I think those can be a bit misleading.
This, absolutely! I love the fit of Natalino knitwear for these exact reasons, and I haven't seen a fit quite like it anywhere else. I hope he keeps making these every FW season and maintains the same fit because it's perfect! 👌

NOBLENAGA

Reaction score

Reaction score
In case you missed Nathan's IG story...

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

Satmoche

Reaction score
SS previews are up on the website. Curious to hear what folks think about the new offerings.
Navy tropical wool suit for the 'crease-free' magic and the beige brown glen check for me. I have coveted the latter in a heavier fabric for a while but I don't have enough S/S clothing, that will be a good excuse to purchase one.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Tried the jackets and shirts when in store recently and unfortunately they didn't work for me. But they look fantastic. Love the trousers and the knits, but wish they had summer knits in cotton or linen.

Heard there might be a DB overcoat in the pipeline for later this year too...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads