• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grab it from the top and rock it toward you. Works for vending machines.

Seriously, though -- if you can't pull it straight out, rock it side to side and pull. Wiggle it out.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No room to rock side to side, it's making contact with something on both sides. Can't tilt it forward or backwards either.

Could it be that the counters, walls, etc have expanded over the years with moisture or settling? So it was snug getting it in but now is too tight?

I think that's right.

Honestly, this kitchen renovation is a bit of a hack job in places...so I wouldn't be surprised if 2 heavy men shoved it in as far as it would go and called it a day.

Probably not the best time to be doing this. The building turned off the AC a couple of weeks ago, so while I don't have the heat running, I've got windows open and decent humidity, so the walls and cabinets are probably as puffed up as they get.

Unfortunately, leaking water doesn't wait for a good time...and I can't move this thing.
The thin copper supply to the fridge comes after the cold faucet shutoff...not sure if it has a separate shutoff behind the fridge (but I can't reach it anyways.
Don't want to be without cold water until mid-winter when the building dries out...so I'm going to have to figure something out.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's just bizarre. Be absolutely sure there's nothing holding it in place. Look at the floor and see if there's a ledge it's stuck on or something. Maybe whoever put your floor in ran out of tile behind the fridge.

Otherwise get a buddy and yank it out. If you could move it a little, two of you can pull it out. Last resort would be a crowbar under a solid part of the bottom.

brokencycle

Reaction score
No room to rock side to side, it's making contact with something on both sides. Can't tilt it forward or backwards either.
I think that's right.

Honestly, this kitchen renovation is a bit of a hack job in places...so I wouldn't be surprised if 2 heavy men shoved it in as far as it would go and called it a day.

Probably not the best time to be doing this. The building turned off the AC a couple of weeks ago, so while I don't have the heat running, I've got windows open and decent humidity, so the walls and cabinets are probably as puffed up as they get.

Unfortunately, leaking water doesn't wait for a good time...and I can't move this thing.
The thin copper supply to the fridge comes after the cold faucet shutoff...not sure if it has a separate shutoff behind the fridge (but I can't reach it anyways.
Don't want to be without cold water until mid-winter when the building dries out...so I'm going to have to figure something out.

Aren't you renting? Can you just ***** to the landlord? That's the only benefit of renting.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Could it be the copper water line holding it in?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get ahold of a come-along,if you can attach it to the fridge , if you can find an anchor point for the come-along like maybe a 4x4 across an open window,pull a good strain on it and then try to rock it back and forth , side to side, pull some more strain ,repeat. Thats how I'd do it but then I got all that crap in my shop

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm thinking it is probably stuck to the paint.

I've got maybe 3/4" of movement on the counter side, but can't get it to budge on the drywall side. Almost sounds sticky when I try to move it. The wall is short and thin (only as deep as the fridge) and I can actually flex it a noticeable amount by leaning on it, but still can't get it to release.

I've got an island across from it--not sure how well it is attached to the ground. I might try slinging it with a rope and then applying tension with some ratchet straps. I can only tie them to the bottom frame where the wheels are since the fridge is too tight to the wall to wrap anything around it (also, no room to rock side-to-side obviously).

2 other things I might try:
I've got a little clearance under the cabinet on the top. so if I could get some sort of hook over the back edge, I could have some leverage to try and tilt the top of the unit forwards. This might help too if Ataturk's thought is right that the back feet are stuck on something.
Might also try to get something like some picture wire or spectra string fed back behind the fridge. If it really has adhered itself to the latex paint, I could use this to "floss" it and break the bond.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Might also try to get something like some picture wire or spectra string fed back behind the fridge. If it really has adhered itself to the latex paint, I could use this to "floss" it and break the bond.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Winner!

It seems it was stuck to the paint.

Bought a 15" flat bar, stuck a couple of shims under it, stood on it until it bent flat to the floor, and then gave the top of the fridge a few shoves. Heard it crack free from the paint and now it rolls back and forth easily.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grab it from the top and rock it toward you. Works for vending machines.

Seriously, though -- if you can't pull it straight out, rock it side to side and pull. Wiggle it out.

That's what she said

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Plumbing and steel done. I suspect they need to wait for a local inspector to come out before they can shotcrete it but that's the next step in the construction process.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Unless it didn't pass inspection yesterday it will be shotcrete on Monday. Man, pumps everywhere. This is the pump that will run the monument wall at the back of the pool that will have some three foot sheer descents.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pio's pool

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need some suggestions...

So new wife decided to get a kitchen faucet with a single hole design, but um, the current unit is a 2 hole design. She really wants to keep it, so before I impose my will does anyone have any ideas what I can do with the hole that used to contain the water supply?

I already have a soap dispenser, is there any nifty gadgetry I'm not aware of out there that I can install?

The old design is sorta like this:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members