• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The high end Chinese Shoe Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cliff note version

he found a japanese shoe maker in italy that's good (ex Latinzz guy?)
he contact the shoe maker inquire if he could come to nyc
so said shoe maker says he could if he could get more commitment
then @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes drum up a few people, which all had "the slightly better price, not a lot but 200 euro cheaper?" and in the end it's bespoke for like 2k euro, i.e. like what japanese bepsoke was maybe 10 years ago

and guess due to language issue? the so called shoe maker think they're all his "colleague"

then the legend in italy forms where a firm in nyc all wear bespoke dress shoe...

then tax deduct-ability was also being discussed...

then also about forming a club...

edit: and so called shoe maker

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cliff note version

he found a japanese shoe maker in italy that's good (ex Latinzz guy?)
he contact the shoe maker inquire if he could come to nyc
so said shoe maker says he could if he could get more commitment
then @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes drum up a few people, which all had "the slightly better price, not a lot but 200 euro cheaper?" and in the end it's bespoke for like 2k euro, i.e. like what japanese bepsoke was maybe 10 years ago

and guess due to language issue? the so called shoe maker think they're all his "colleague"

then the legend in italy forms where a firm in nyc all wear bespoke dress shoe...

then tax deduct-ability was also being discussed...

then also about forming a club...

edit: and so called shoe maker

he is a bad influence ...LOL

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Once I was in Florence I tricked my wife into walk into some shoe store (the ex. Sutor Mantellassi guys I think?) also passed by stefano bemer and that's when he was alive, though that is truly not planned. Sshe was amused, but I have only done it once, I don't think it would end well if I did the second time...

p.s. and just happen to be also bought something that looks like channel quilt bag, coincidence...?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tell her you're not purchasing shoes, just some leather that has been hardened and formed, and happen to be able to fit your feet magically...

I think the good thing for this challenge is that most women seem to think most of our shoes are the same (a brown oxford) so assuming you have the storage space and can sneak them in undetected you’ll probably get away with it...one more reason to hope we will be back to our normal routines before all recent orders come in as sneaking something in right now is downright impossible unless I want to bribe building staff to store stuff for me...

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems most of the Shanghai bespoke outfits that were prominent when I was living there (around ten years ago) have either fallen by the wayside or not kept up. I did get one pair from Jack Peng - very well made but overpriced. There were a few others that had shop fronts in the Former French Concession but I wasn't impressed with their styles.

I have had several pairs made by Tianzi Shanghai (who market under the brand Ci'e). Medium rather than high-end; a little like MTM vs true bespoke - they have a few standard lasts, but will take your foot measurements and build the shoes around those. Once again, many rather dubious styles but they will happily make a shoe to your precise specs, as long as a suitable last can be found.

I visited their factory (which was small and family-run). Really nice people. They did disclose that they were at that time having trouble sourcing really high-end leathers. It seems the Western firms had supply all tied up. I guess this must have changed, judging by previous posts in this thread.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score
I did receive my MTO STD from Yeossal earlier and they look identical to Xibao’s actually.

Attachments

• FDDCC9C1-6737-4A55-A3B8-D5B1B552BA2B.jpeg
    FDDCC9C1-6737-4A55-A3B8-D5B1B552BA2B.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 170

bsarosi

Reaction score
I've had a similar inclination that Yeossal MTO shoes are from Xibao. Although lasts are different compared to Oct.Tenth (which is expected), the construction, especially for their SpTDs, seems similar.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member