• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
3rd party app background refresh was one of the most needed new features. I can't imagine disabling it now that Apple has baked it into the OS. They have a lot of (new to iOS) behind the scene code working to minimize the effect on battery. The code here should only get better with time.

Not that you shouldn't disable it for the specific apps you don't care about. :)

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just realized that you can get safari's bottom task bar to reappear by just tapping the bottom edge of the screen. You don't have to scroll all the way to the top of the page to force it to reappear.

I do wish the URL bar would disappear like in chrome, though.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's going on with Apple's dictation? Since the update it seems to only work sporadically. Good thing I kept Dragon dictation.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do people think about the benefit ratio of disabling background refresh versus battery power? Not worth it?

I turned it off- both my ipad and iphone drained the battery significantly faster with refresh on.

Friday morning with my phone unplugged an unused, when the battery might drop a few percent in a couple of hours, it dropped to 65% in just under two hours.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
From what I have seen there is a bug effecting some hardware batteries. Was able to fix mine with the work around I posted before, but it's obviously not helping everyone. Hope this gets patched out soon.

FYI, my "girlfriend" went ahead and did the update on her iPhone 4 this weekend. It's running surprisingly well for her. No major bugs and smooth enough that she hasn't complained yet.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded to iOS7 and everything went smoothly except for itunes. Anyone else have any trouble with it?

I had a 4 and deleted all of the songs (except for about 20) as I wanted to start over when I got my new phone. I recently got the 5 and upgraded the iOS to 7 and while my computer says that there are about 20 songs on my phone, my phone has songs a couple hundred songs on there which I can't delete or get to. Some are on the cloud but most are just old songs that must have transferred somehow.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the songs on my phone?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing about iOS 7 that I didn't think I'd care about but am really enjoying is iTunes Radio. I know it's basically just Pandora, but I'm liking it a lot. Having it on the Apple TV is great too.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a 4 and deleted all of the songs (except for about 20) as I wanted to start over when I got my new phone. I recently got the 5 and upgraded the iOS to 7 and while my computer says that there are about 20 songs on my phone, my phone has songs a couple hundred songs on there which I can't delete or get to. Some are on the cloud but most are just old songs that must have transferred somehow.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the songs on my phone?

Settings --> General --> Usage --> Music --> Delete Data

If you're using iTunes Match, you may need to delete the songs from desktop iTunes too and confirm you want them removed from iCloud (assuming that's what you want).

Last edited:

cobrawang

Reaction score
good,Gucci type pricing range. around $800...I wouldn't pay that much for a cellphone.thanks
7.gif

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

One thing about iOS 7 that I didn't think I'd care about but am really enjoying is iTunes Radio. I know it's basically just Pandora, but I'm liking it a lot. Having it on the Apple TV is great too.

It's weird when I first installed the GM release and tried it, I hated it. Wasn't even remotely accurate. Since then, i've given it another shot and am liking the results much more. I've been a heavy Pandora user for years, but iTunes Radio has a lot of potential to make people switch. I do prefer the "thu8mbs system" for rating songs in Pandora and with Apple would have just copied that UI.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad and iPhone to iOS7 today successfully. I like it so far.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Settings --> General --> Usage --> Music --> Delete Data

If you're using iTunes Match, you may need to delete the songs from desktop iTunes too and confirm you want them removed from iCloud (assuming that's what you want).

Thanks for your help. That worked perfectly. I had googled this problem and also scoured the Apple website and found that pretty many people were having trouble with this.

Anyone know why I can't get the itunes radio to work? I'm usually pretty good with technical stuff but the itunes thing and the radio have eluded me... iTunes keeps telling me that I don't have a wifi connection (which I don't) and it tells me that I don't have a cellular data network either. I must have something switched off somewhere.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of nit picks:

They should really put a toggle switch for location services in control centre.

I use a five digit pass code. It's a compromise between a simple pass code and a more secure pass code. Why does the lock screen immediately turn off after entering a four digit pass code, but with my five digit pass code I have to press OK afterwards to unlock the screen?

Dictation still seems much slower after the upgrade.

No female voice for British English.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member