• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Turned mine off as well. Wish they'd let you do the same with the UI transitions.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ive had all kinds of trouble....my phone wont discover any bluetooth devices...pain **********. Also, iMessage is fucked. Says its awaiting activation...when i try to login with my Apple Id...no dice. :fu:

I shouldve just stayed with the old.

Try this fix: settings > general > reset > reset all settings.

That might help. It fixed my battery problem and I read it fixing others issues too.

First releases (.0) often still have a few random bugs to work out.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd like to see tests done on the difference with or without parallax on the battery. I know it can affect performance on older devices, but I haven't seen any data to indicate it has a large effect on battery.

Anyone else running it on their iPads? You can tell Apple still has a good amount of optimization to do there. They focused on the phones first.

I wonder how long before they start pushing out updates to fix things.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
did not work. Definitely not gonna run the update on my ipad.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice new feature - used to be that when text message/etc. notifications showed up on the top of the screen, you just had to wait for them to go away (or click on them) if they were blocking some action you wanted to perform. Now you can swipe up to dismiss them.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parallax is pretty sweet on the iPad- works on both of my devices just swimmingly.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the way tabs are presented in safari, especially when you have many open. I think the way apps are presented for multitasking would work well here too.

Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Last edited:

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still not a fan of the Safari mobile app. Chrome is still the standard- I like the hiding feature they rolled out.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They didn't want safari tabs to mimic the new multitasking. Not sure I'm a fan either, but have got used to it.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never was able to take a liking to Chrome, although the one feature I like about it is how the top bar appears / disappears based on how you scroll. Safari still hasn't nailed that mechanism correctly.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is everyone getting ios7? I just got the 5 and I thought ios7 would show up as a download but... Do I need to buy it?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the battery does seem to drain ever-so-slightly faster, but not to the point where it really peeves me.

im also really liking some of the new sound effects. i replaced all my alerts / sounds, which is slightly confusing at the moment since i havent associated fully each new notification with each new sound, but that's to be expected.

now i wont be one of the millions who uses the glass tone for their text alert sound!

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people think about the benefit ratio of disabling background refresh versus battery power? Not worth it?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racohen