• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Universities yesterday:
zX4e4FA.jpg

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
I hear the Shell Trunk show is coming early to make room for a top shelf line of dress shoes. Anyone got any info on the new line?
Not sure if this is related but a few weeks ago I was in Port Washington and the staff at the Shoe Bank told me AE is going to release a new “high end” line in between the regular offerings and the shell. Sounds like a relaunched Independence Line to me.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I feel as though they’d have to do a number of things if they wanted to even attempt to justify higher prices on calf offerings. One would be production quality in general. Have that line produced by one of the English shoemakers maybe?

Second, the super soft lining they had in the Independence line.

Third: better quality calf. The Independence line calf felt good on my feet but didn’t shine well and still isn’t as good as the calf found on certain other makers’ offerings.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freeport Friday with some battle scars after playing with the dog for a while.

IMG_7907.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel as though they’d have to do a number of things if they wanted to even attempt to justify higher prices on calf offerings. One would be production quality in general. Have that line produced by one of the English shoemakers maybe?

Second, the super soft lining they had in the Independence line.

Third: better quality calf. The Independence line calf felt good on my feet but didn’t shine well and still isn’t as good as the calf found on certain other makers’ offerings.

I saw a 2nd generation brown Bartlett with black piping on Ebay last weekend. It sold for $108 plus whatever tax / shipping costs. That's a steal. I was so tempted, but I already own a pair with profila binding. But also, it's sad to say this, but I am wearing boots so often these days and combined with my plain toe shoes, I rarely need a Bartlett. I refuse to ever go the sneaker route, but I am definitely more casual these days.

If they do bring back the Indy collection, it will be interesting to see what they think up. I'm surprised because I would think the demand might not be there for such a collection.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man... I am going to have to sit this one out depending on timing. I am closing on my first house next month, I have a planned trip to Port Washington this coming week, bought a wedding ring last week, and I just rolled my new to me 911 off of the transport truck today. There's not going to be a lot of money kicking around for $1000 pairs of shoes.

However, there are a few models that would have me lining up at the plasma donation center for some spare cash...

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man... I am going to have to sit this one out depending on timing. I am closing on my first house next month, I have a planned trip to Port Washington this coming week, bought a wedding ring last week, and I just rolled my new to me 911 off of the transport truck today. There's not going to be a lot of money kicking around for $1000 pairs of shoes.

However, there are a few models that would have me lining up at the plasma donation center for some spare cash...
See if they have any seconds with regard to the new line. Maybe to soon but you never know.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats on all your recent life events/milestones!

Just something to think about, with the way prices have been trending, may wanna grab your shell pairs now or face the possibility of increasing prices.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just something to think about, with the way prices have been trending, may wanna grab your shell pairs now or face the possibility of increasing prices.

That's true, but I can also just wear any of the other 15 pairs of shell I own or whatever.

I am super excited about going to the PatP event this year. There's a Horween factory tour, a Woodlore factory tour, and obviously the AE tour.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think it is too late. I think Shell is now over $800.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar