• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see you. I'm not around much either these days.

I got the Austin when it came out - I posted about it earlier. Same last. It fits almost like a MacNeil, narrow toe / wide heel. The vtread isn't great but it held up OK walking across a wet jimmy John's floor so can't be too bad.

As someone with a high instep and lots of familiarity with western, if the roper was so stiff there is a very real possibility you couldn't get it on even. Ive tried a fair number of boots like this and it's very hit or miss. Ostrich quill or soft calf or python seem to be forgiving. The whole thing in shell....wow that would be spectacular but I just don't know....
Good to know, thanks. McNeil fit me fine. I might try em and just wear the hell out of em until I need a resole and then do something different. Do they still do the special makeup shows?

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO'd Brown shell Bradley's while eating at Chipotle:
RrLE37N.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Saturday forum pals. Time to pull out the Schautal, a super soft suede MacNeil, if you will, for a final wearing. It and other 11-12 EEE shoes from my collection are going up on the Bay. It is amazing how retirement alters ones need for a large shoe collection.

IMG_0191.jpg

Harwid

Reaction score
For those who own both- have you noticed a difference in fit between the Freeport and the Higgins mill?

I know their on the same last but sometimes that doesn’t mean much.

My Higgins Mill are 12B - my most common size.

In the Freeports I wear 11 1/2D and they fit great in the heel and overall width.

Jeff

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
Does anyone know on which last the Townley was made? I found a nice looking pair on eBay but sizing is going to be a stab in the dark as they’re not currently in production.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opinions needed:
Here is what my wife picked for me to take the baby to the mall. I am not a fan.
Is this her attempt to make me as unattractive as possible? How does this work?
IMG_8604.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads