• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SWD Discussion Thread for Tailoring

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats a pretty old label. I usually pass on that stuff unless it's in a cool pattern or fabric.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you want find one label RTW look for older Richard James, Kilgour RTW back in 2009 every other thing they have is one button, it won’t be a relax fit though (but not yet skinny skinnny era). Phineas Cole through out time would have one button as well

Voidoid

Reaction score
Most of the Richard James jackets that I saw had super skinny lapels. Not my liking. I like Phineas Cole, but they hard to come by in Europe.
Also I'm not looking for something like "contemporary slim suit" classic fit with a bit waist supression ( drop 7 or in a best case 8 ) is okay if the shoulders is not super build up.
And all this italian manufacturers have quite diverse fits, for example my best fitting suit is old St Andrews and most of the others St Andrews with the same label wich I found were dreadful.
Maybe I will wait until the price of this Corneliani will drop to the price of one cup of coffee.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
one button peak lapel ring jacket, probably too small for you though, good for monotone type of look

not one button but also peak lapel

4x1 DB ring jacket

patterned velvet?

edit: 1 button peak lapel, think it's not Cifonelli RTW but the Cifonelli for the rake (half canvassed?) clean up a while back?

edit: don't see the for the rake label (or he didn't take picture) so might be his regular RTW

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my hunch is this would be too long for me but someone should be able to work these (though lots of husband paris pants are by default without back pocket which is kind annoying...)

edit: unrelated but this shirt would work for that era kind of look too

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my hunch is this would be too long for me but someone should be able to work these (though lots of husband paris pants are by default without back pocket which is kind annoying...)

edit: unrelated but this shirt would work for that era kind of look too
Thanks. I've been looking around for pre-owned Husbands slacks and sportcoats or suits, and eagerly clicked on these, but unfortunately, these are a bit too small. Will keep looking.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t know what your size but there are couple on eBay too, then there are two Edward Sexton (which is very different than Husbands Paris in aesthetic) on eBay as well

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An assortment of recent-ish stuff, finished off with tonight's fit to celebrate the new year ✌️

More or less everything thrifted
IMG_8581.jpeg

IMG_8827.jpeg

IMG_9042.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

IMG_9207.jpeg

IMG_9214.jpeg

IMG_9224.jpeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2091989 View attachment 2092055
Found Corneliani jacket with one button but button placement seems quite high or maybe jacket is longer than usual. Also it's old label Corneliani which I never stumbled upon. Anyway its dirty cheap so I may pull the trigger cause one button is rare entities in RTW. Maybe someone seen this label ?
And to answer the obvious question no help from the seller its balkan e-thrift shop.
Weird, I just picked up this same jacket at goodwill for $25. Not sure if I'll wear it tbh. Also got an Armani (Collectzion) 4 button that I don't really know what to do with and will probably re-donate back.

Voidoid

Reaction score
Weird, I just picked up this same jacket at goodwill for $25. Not sure if I'll wear it tbh. Also got an Armani (Collectzion) 4 button that I don't really know what to do with and will probably re-donate back.
Is it dated like wide shoulders , weird fit, etc ?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william.robertshaw08