• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sugarcane Garrison belt size?

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
hmmm...

google translator indicates the cows are fake; man-made in sweatshops of the future, sent back in time to be made into belts that CONTROL YOUR MIND!

frown.gif

**** I think I like my bad translation of ??? ??????/????/??/// ??? Google????? Better
wink.gif

--Wade

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
hmmmm...mine seems like leather. Quite a feat to make plastic feel, smell, wear, like leather. Where do you get plastic from anyways....it's not the only thing man made.

P-p-p-p- plastic! Dear plastic!

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
I'm hoping one or two people on here have experience with Sugarcane's Garrison belt to help me with sizing. I wear a size 28 in APC NS's and 30 in most other jeans. What size Garrison belt should I go for? I've read they run small. Thanks for any help....
Just grab the dimensions off of one of the web sites and measure them against belts you already have. You will know exactly what size you need. People prefer different lengths and tightness (is that a word?).

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually leather is man-made. We don't just milk leather off a cow.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's leather. Reminds me of Lionel Hutz: "Works on contingency? No, money down!"

Anyway, the belts run very true. I think you should size up either 2 or 4 inches, depending on how much wrap you like.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
Just grab the dimensions off of one of the web sites and measure them against belts you already have. You will know exactly what size you need. People prefer different lengths and tightness (is that a word?).

Well, you would think it would be this easy and I have tried. The one belt I really like measures 101 cm (not including the buckle, just the leather). I look at the sizing chart on this page and I see that the size 36 is only 96 cm...
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/f01406/

Then I go to this page and see that size 34 in parenthesis is 103 cm.
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/sugarcane-fo1406/

So I'm a little confused, if the belt I like is 101 cm, should I go with size 32 or 34. You wouldnt think it would be this complicated. :)

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
Well, you would think it would be this easy and I have tried. The one belt I really like measures 101 cm (not including the buckle, just the leather). I look at the sizing chart on this page and I see that the size 36 is only 96 cm... http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/f01406/ Then I go to this page and see that size 34 in parenthesis is 103 cm. http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/sugarcane-fo1406/ So I'm a little confused, if the belt I like is 101 cm, should I go with size 32 or 34. You wouldnt think it would be this complicated. :)
I can see the confusion. For the site you see that shows size 36, 96cm is actually the distance to the last hole (not the total length). The total length of the 36" belt is 106cm. The one that shows size 34 appears to show the total length. It sounds like you would like the 34" belt which has a total length of 101cm. Take a look at this site. It breaks it down pretty good: http://www.j-fabled.com/shopping_cat...406_brown.html

BourbonAndPeanuts

Reaction score
I also need help on what size to buy. Based on the measurements from various sites, it seems that I lie between a 34 and a 36. My question is, does the leather stretch at all? If it does, then I figure I'd be better off with the 34. If it doesn't, I think I'd do best to buy the 36 and just fasten it at the 4th hole. I'd love to hear your opinions on the subject.

BTW, I'm generally a size 32 in jeans. Thanks in advance for your help.

Oldboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BourbonAndPeanuts
I also need help on what size to buy. Based on the measurements from various sites, it seems that I lie between a 34 and a 36. My question is, does the leather stretch at all? If it does, then I figure I'd be better off with the 34. If it doesn't, I think I'd do best to buy the 36 and just fasten it at the 4th hole. I'd love to hear your opinions on the subject.

BTW, I'm generally a size 32 in jeans. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a size 36 belt and it measures 36 inches from the end of the belt (not including the buckle) to the middle hole. If you buckle it to the middle hole, that leaves about 4 inches of strap after the buckle. I'm a 32 waist and I prefer to have a little more extra strap, so a 36 fits me just right. These belts won't stretch much, if at all, so I think you should go with a 36.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads