• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if S&M regularly restocks flannel trousers for fall/winter? Looking into my first mid gray pair.
They'll probably add new ones this FW. They always do each season.

What size are you looking for? I have two dozens of trousers I'm planning on selling; flannels and high twists. While not Spier (Luxire), they're modelled the same as Spier's size 33 cont basically. I'll provide measurements of course and am willing to let go of the cheaply. Just sold a bunch of 5 the other day. DM if you're interested.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'll probably add new ones this FW. They always do each season.

What size are you looking for? I have two dozens of trousers I'm planning on selling; flannels and high twists. While not Spier (Luxire), they're modelled the same as Spier's size 33 cont basically. I'll provide measurements of course and am willing to let go of the cheaply. Just sold a bunch of 5 the other day. DM if you're interested.
Ill PM you since I believe we are close in size.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone had experience with the Twill Neo cut sportcoats? I'm looking for a casual sportcoat for this season and curious how the twill drapes. My experience with cotton is that they can be quite rigid and doesnt drape well.

Also, between the tan and olive, which color would be more versatile and easy to pair?

SpierAndMackayFW22_491402-1043_Sondrio---Olive-f-1 (7).jpg

SpierAndMackayFW22_Sondrio - Tan Twill - Neo Cut Sportcoat-491402-4481 (5).jpg

CLH03

Reaction score
Curious if anyone had experience with the Twill Neo cut sportcoats? I'm looking for a casual sportcoat for this season and curious how the twill drapes. My experience with cotton is that they can be quite rigid and doesnt drape well.

Also, between the tan and olive, which color would be more versatile and easy to pair?

View attachment 2021609
View attachment 2021615
Cotton drapes horribly. I would probably opt for some kind of patterned or plain flannel. If you’re set on the cotton, I would go with olive. I think it looks better as a sport coat.

taargus_taargus

Reaction score
Can anyone weigh in on the stretch denim, perhaps? I ordered a slim size 28 rinse wash. The size chart says that the hem opening is 14+" but the openings are actually 12". They are essentially skinny jeans that are almost too tight to even fit my narrow little legs into. I don't know if it's worth exchanging for the contemporary fit or just finding another brand.

Anyone had similar experiences?

taargus_taargus

Reaction score

View attachment 2021609
View attachment 2021615
Tan would be more versatile for my wardrobe for my particular wardrobe

Viatu

Reaction score
Can anyone weigh in on the stretch denim, perhaps? I ordered a slim size 28 rinse wash. The size chart says that the hem opening is 14+" but the openings are actually 12". They are essentially skinny jeans that are almost too tight to even fit my narrow little legs into. I don't know if it's worth exchanging for the contemporary fit or just finding another brand.

I'm a fairly big guy and I would recommend the contemporary fit.

zurich64

Reaction score
100$ for an Eton shirt on sale? 😧
For 150$ you can buy Cavour Sartoria on sale. And half of that shirt is hand made. Tremendous value!
You can also get Brooks Brother shirts in Thomas Mason fabrics for 75-100 on sale. Never had a problem with shrinkage or quality with BB. Their American cotton is rougher but Italian TM fabrics are of excellent quality.

SteveMc

Reaction score

I had better luck with the contemporary fit for the 2-year wash denim (no stretch). While I can't say they are skinny, they are definitely slim and the hem opening is about 14" compared to the advertised 15.1".
The off-white pair I got same size in contemporary was downright skinny and was promptly returned.

taargus_taargus

Reaction score
I had better luck with the contemporary fit for the 2-year wash denim (no stretch). While I can't say they are skinny, they are definitely slim and the hem opening is about 14" compared to the advertised 15.1".
The off-white pair I got same size in contemporary was downright skinny and was promptly returned.
Damn. That sounds like the same experience as me. If I remember, I'll update this forum whenever I receive a contemporary fit. Thank you!

Dorian_Gray

Reaction score
Re: jeans - I have two pairs of the 100% cotton, non-stretch from the original jeans run. I also have one pair of the high rise stretch from the first run of those.

All of my Spier pants are 32 contemporary and I have generally felt that the sizing is consistent (in a relative sense -
Ie proportions are generally similar). The stretch denim are the sole exception. The rise is quite good on them, but the leg is noticeably narrower throughout. They have the heinous “skinny leg” effect on my silhouette. My other jeans, chinos, and trousers generally do not do this.

I really hope this is not indicative of a general attempt by Spier to make their denim skinny across the board. Does anyone think that is a good look these days?

tmckay2

Reaction score
Re: jeans - I have two pairs of the 100% cotton, non-stretch from the original jeans run. I also have one pair of the high rise stretch from the first run of those.

All of my Spier pants are 32 contemporary and I have generally felt that the sizing is consistent (in a relative sense -
Ie proportions are generally similar). The stretch denim are the sole exception. The rise is quite good on them, but the leg is noticeably narrower throughout. They have the heinous “skinny leg” effect on my silhouette. My other jeans, chinos, and trousers generally do not do this.

I really hope this is not indicative of a general attempt by Spier to make their denim skinny across the board. Does anyone think that is a good look these days?
Sadly some people do like that look. But to be honest the baggy, lazy look isn't good either so it's a difficult balance for brands to produce I'm sure.

taargus_taargus

Reaction score

Well, I suppose that means I'll have to try out the non-stretch. My only problem with the non-stretch is that regular denim can get quite uncomfortable due to the coarseness. But, we'll have to see.

And yes, the skinny trend is definitely dying off (for men, at least). Unfortunately, it's being replaced by an oversized clothing style that just looks odd.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mernajamesa