• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some non-traditional footwear choices with jeans, comments?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yup, the alligators sound dope and once again it depends on the jeans. Mine are casual, two are a tapered just right squared toe and one is round. I'll have pics in the waywt thread one of these days. You can't go wrong man they're classic but most of their stuff started getting ugly last year.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd NEVER wear the Gucci myself. However, bals, boots, and especially wholecuts are all things I'd do. Hell, even the good old AE Fairfax in that pale goldish brown tan can look nice (IMHO - I have a thing for wholecuts as I am sure it is evident by now).

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I'd NEVER wear the Gucci myself. However, bals, boots, and especially wholecuts are all things I'd do. Hell, even the good old AE Fairfax in that pale goldish brown tan can look nice (IMHO - I have a thing for wholecuts as I am sure it is evident by now).

Heh, I actually tried on the Guccis a bit ago and they actually look really good IMO if a bit flashy, but could definitely work with the right outfit. I have a couple other ideas I'll post up later.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Heh, I actually tried on the Guccis a bit ago and they actually look really good IMO if a bit flashy, but could definitely work with the right outfit. I have a couple other ideas I'll post up later.

See, it combines a few of my figurative kryptonites"
Loafers, made by Gucci, with gold trim. All three are things that alone would make me run, lol.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Just for you my friend, I will make an extra effort to post them, though they don't have any bits
frown.gif
but they are the sickest shoes I own. Love the guccis.

crackup[1].gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those Guccis are fugly. The bicycle seams... I don't know what to say. No offense, but burn them now.

The boots are too delicate IMO. (I really don't like bal boots anyway, but these aren't as Victorian-woman looking as a lot of them) They won't look like the Alden commando boots, they will look like very dressy delicate dress shoes. However, a heavier duty blucher boot or wingtip boot might look great. I like my EG black wingtip boots with jeans, but they have to be the right jeans, and non-black would look better IMO.

The top ones would work, but not for an adult IMO. If you walk around smoking a joint all the time, maybe.

I don't think captoe shoes should ever be worn with jeans. Wingtips or wholecuts/plain toes work much better for that sort of thing IMO. The monks might fly, but they'd be better with a plain toe.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think there's a difference between wearing balmoral and blucher wingtips with jeans?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Does anyone think there's a difference between wearing balmoral and blucher wingtips with jeans?

imo Bluchers look better with jeans. they come off as less formal and more in sync with jean vibe.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the John Lobb plaintoe medallion boots in black. They are FAR too delicate, shiny and formal to be worn with jeans.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
imo Bluchers look better with jeans. they come off as less formal and more in sync with jean vibe.
I agree. Bluchers, boots (including chelsea), or shell cordovan penny loafers. (Shell cordovan can be a good look because it is a heaftier hide.)

watchman

Reaction score
wallies look great with slimmer jeans. looser cuts just swallow them though

coiol

Reaction score
I think the monks and the ankle boots would look great. The captoes would probably be ok too, and I'd have to see the loafers since it's kind of hard to picture it in my head. I don't like the first boots at all, but I wouldn't like them in any situation.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for shoes to wear with jeans and unstructured khakis during the summer. All my winter shoes are dark brown or black so they feel out of place in the summer. I usually wear short-sleeve button-up shirts or a linen sporcoat over t-shirts, so sneakers are too casual. But I think dirty bucks or white wingtips (never mind white loafers) are too dressy to wear every day. Any ideas for shoes that fit that niche? (And will I have to worry about indigo?)

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
I'm looking for shoes to wear with jeans and unstructured khakis during the summer. All my winter shoes are dark brown or black so they feel out of place in the summer. I usually wear short-sleeve button-up shirts or a linen sporcoat over t-shirts, so sneakers are too casual. But I think dirty bucks or white wingtips (never mind white loafers) are too dressy to wear every day. Any ideas for shoes that fit that niche? (And will I have to worry about indigo?)

I wear shell cordovan penny loafers, blucher wingtips if the jeans or khakis have wide legs, and chelsea boots. Monkstraps work with my dressier khakis (i.e. those that hold a crease) and I sometimes wear them with jeans. But take my advice with a pound of salt, since I'm not a master of streetwear.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
I wear shell cordovan penny loafers, blucher wingtips if the jeans or khakis have wide legs, and chelsea boots. Monkstraps work with my dressier khakis (i.e. those that hold a crease) and I sometimes wear them with jeans. But take my advice with a pound of salt, since I'm not a master of streetwear.
Would you wear the loafers without shoes? Are some of those other shoes in a light shade of brown? Thanks for the rundown, but none of those are very summery options.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads