• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seraphin Leather Jackets - Appreciation Thread

Johnny80

Reaction score
Always with what you like and fit you well, always, little with almost no compromises at this level

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were to buy your first Seraphin leather (assume a minimalist bomber or racer), would you go with a brown jacket? Or does this brand invite you to be a little different and try something else like red, blue or olive green?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get in touch with Seraphim for MTM for a shorter guy?
You can probably just email them and let them know when you plan on going to Paris and what you're looking for.

Another Parisian leather jacket you might be interested in is Chapal.

Last edited:

Johnny80

Reaction score
If you were to buy your first Seraphin leather (assume a minimalist bomber or racer), would you go with a brown jacket? Or does this brand invite you to be a little different and try something else like red, blue or olive green?
It depends, if you are buying your first leather jacket i would go with something clean and minimalist, dark brown, dark blue (or even green depending on the shade of it). If you already have that, yes, i suppose if its in your adn to go wild on colours but keep it clean since red is always a stand out colour

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a late and confused reply, saying they are a manufacturer and not a retailer, and asking who said to e-mail them directly.
Honestly didn't know that. Only other place I've seen Seraphin is Sartoria Corcos doing bespoke leather blouson jackets with them.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a lot of head scratching on their end, I suspect, Seraphin replied to tell me they can let me drop by as a huge exception on a weekday.

One question, if your weight has been fluctuating, is there any issue getting a MTM leather jacket? I suspect that as long as the shoulders and armholes are right, you should go for it. It will look OK not unless you lose a massive amount of weight round the belly, right (in which case, either it's a happy problem or you are sick with something that precludes worrying about a leather jacket)?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Specifically for Seraphin, assuming I'd love to limit the question to minimalist (particularly racer style) lighter leather jackets intended for spring or fall, what would your dream (first) jacket be? What color, leather and style would be ideal and wearable?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a lot of head scratching on their end, I suspect, Seraphin replied to tell me they can let me drop by as a huge exception on a weekday.

One question, if your weight has been fluctuating, is there any issue getting a MTM leather jacket? I suspect that as long as the shoulders and armholes are right, you should go for it. It will look OK not unless you lose a massive amount of weight round the belly, right (in which case, either it's a happy problem or you are sick with something that precludes worrying about a leather jacket)?
Depends how much weight and your size. If I had to guess, I'd say 20lbs loss would still fit as long as you're not getting a slim fit jacket.

Specifically for Seraphin, assuming I'd love to limit the question to minimalist (particularly racer style) lighter leather jackets intended for spring or fall, what would your dream (first) jacket be? What color, leather and style would be ideal and wearable?
My preferred style of leather jacket is something similar to Todd Snyder's Dylan jacket. Something like a trucker without the darts. I had a bespoke jacket Denham jacket made by Savas with the front darts removed in brown.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seraphin's current "classic" model has a knit collar with matching knit/elasticated waistband and wristbands. It has two diagonal pockets on each side of the belly, with zippers, plus the central zip. All three zippers have a ring at the end of the zipper.

The boss said the elastic waistband is recommended for most clients, except those with a very regular slim profile. Especially if you have a visible belly, the elastic waist makes the fit more forgiving. Even if it gets slightly tight around the waist and bulges slightly, it's not as bad looking. The boss said gaining about 4 kg means one change in size, so I assume the elastic waistband copes with slight weight fluctuations too.

Does this match what people know about Seraphin and very soft lambskin leather jackets?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads