• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KeeperEUSC

Reaction score
Asking a question I probably already know the answer to, but alas - Paul, how much thicker is the needlecord compared to the cotton calico? I just made a L work in the fall but wondering if shrinkage or a thicker cloth here might push me into XL territory.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Asking a question I probably already know the answer to, but alas - Paul, how much thicker is the needlecord compared to the cotton calico? I just made a L work in the fall but wondering if shrinkage or a thicker cloth here might push me into XL territory.

The needlecord is thicker than the calico but not by much.

I'd wear both of them interchangeably, most of the year, but would err towards the needlecord in winter and the calico in summer.

The needlecord inherently traps warm air better, too, just by virtue of its structure (the gap between the wales, the increased surface area, and the general friction of the brushed texture).

I'd wear the needlecord all through autumn, winter, and spring.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
Are you planning to make any more cardigans?

They look amazing but I’d love one in a different colour, maybe a lovely dark or medium green. I’d love one in baby pink but I know you’d never do that.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are you planning to make any more cardigans?

They look amazing but I’d love one in a different colour, maybe a lovely dark or medium green. I’d love one in baby pink but I know you’d never do that.

The regular cardigan, you mean, rather than the shawl cardigan?

Not this year, alas — but it is quite likely we'll make some again next year (as in, one year from now). Not sure about colours as the palette for the cottons is quite limited, and ... yep, I'll get back to you about baby pink!

Jnarcane

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In shirt news, we've finished some shirts in cotton needlecord with a revamped button-down collar.

The collar is cut to have the pleasing roll of an old-school button-down at the front, but with the sides sitting very neat and precise.

View attachment 2152055

We've made them in black, rust, and this barley / biscuit colour.
That's a great collar!

10dence

Reaction score
Gotcha!

The shawl is certain to return in the autumn — probably in a dark earthy green (with smatterings of grey) and our patented throstle (brown and grey mix).
Would like to be notified of this green one when available, please!

happydayz1

Reaction score
Paul - has any decision been made yet on the fit for this year’s shawl, particularly in terms of length? Thank you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads