• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and yeah i wear it to work. i work in an office tho, no more field work for me. i run 3 crews and do all the survey calculations, so i dont get too dirty unless i drop ash from my cigarette.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
How do they feel about you wearing pink?
wink.gif

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they dont. i dont have anthing thats pink, the sweater is actually bright red. have gotten some **** for some of my really slim jeans tho.

tangerine

Reaction score
It looks pink because of the fluorescent lighting. In the closeup of the label it looks more red because less fluorescence is getting through the camera lens.

Nice find, indeed!

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just had an amazing find at burlington coat factory, which i usually never go to beacuse its just fubu and 50 cent. a pair of rrl selvege "authentic", 47' 501 fit, one wash, fits true to size unlike all the rrl ive heard about, selvage coin pocket, and the coolest feature i think is the pink line slevage. made in usa. they were a size 28x36, and i picked em up on clearance for 15.99. ******* unbelievable. pics are in the denim thread.

Histrion

Reaction score
In the past few weeks I've bought these:

- Paul Smith "Endless Summer" tee
- Paul Smith "Various Gas Station Vol. 1" tee
- Lacoste navy with flashy blue/turquoise stripe cotton spring jacket/sweater
- Jack Spade "St. Greene" messenger bag
- Blue Turnbull & Asser shirt from Connemara
- fatherseafan's (new member who I know personally) Aquascutum spring coat

Now I'll be looking for a pair of jeans (perhaps APC), a pair of khakis, perhaps a pair of shorts, and then the usual polos/t-shirt (most probably Jay Allen) for the summer.

I should stop spending. I really should.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
just had an amazing find at burlington coat factory, which i usually never go to beacuse its just fubu and 50 cent. a pair of rrl selvege "authentic", 47' 501 fit, one wash, fits true to size unlike all the rrl ive heard about, selvage coin pocket, and the coolest feature i think is the pink line slevage. made in usa. they were a size 28x36, and i picked em up on clearance for 15.99. ******* unbelievable. ill try to get some pics this weekend.

I just don't believe you anymore...
plain.gif

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont believe it either.... ive had some crazy luck lately.

at the same time ive searched every store like that(burlington, ross, tj maxx, marshalls) in town looking for something good, and thats the first thing ive found. it just takes time looking i guess.

tangerine

Reaction score
Picked up these Varvatos x Converse Jack Purcells

varvatosxpurcell_1204.jpg

minya

Reaction score
Whoa, where'd you get those!? Are they as FRIGGING uncomfortable as normal leather Purcells?
frown.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
Whoa, where'd you get those!?

Are they as FRIGGING uncomfortable as normal leather Purcells?
frown.gif

Dude, it's all about arch/heel supports. I couldn't wear Chucks or Purcells without 'em. Hell, I couldn't really wear my Samoa's without 'em.

minya

Reaction score
It's not the arch that bothers me, actually. It's the bottom back of the heel. It pretty much rips my heel to shreds. Not sure how to fix it. Maybe I can get some sort of padding material to affix to the back of the heel part.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
It's not the arch that bothers me, actually. It's the bottom back of the heel. It pretty much rips my heel to shreds. Not sure how to fix it. Maybe I can get some sort of padding material to affix to the back of the heel part.

Ah, I hear ya. Does it still bother you after they've been broken in? I have a couple different pairs of shoes that do that to my heel, but after a few days the problem usually disappears. Plus, you have to suffer for your style.
smile.gif
You could probably jury-rig something pretty easily. It might be easier to just wear kind of crappy socks for the first few wears, and stuff the padding in the sock instead of trying to affix it to the heel. Might rip up the sock a little, but unlike some of the guys in the main forum, I personally will never spend more on a sock than I would on a drink. I don't want to look down at my feet at the bar and suddenly realize that my oh-so-comfy Pantherellas cost me precious scotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads