• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
This I would win a know as well!

I’ve heard parachute cord laces are the strongest but I hate hard laces that damage the leather
If i order new C&J boots i order 10 pair of them no brand laces to, muchmore durable.

WeeWee McGee

Reaction score
If i order new C&J boots i order 10 pair of them no brand laces to, muchmore durable.

They are brandles laces, i order them from my C&J supplier in Amsterdam: https://www.zwartjes.nl
Thanks!

Marmite89

Reaction score
I would prefer to go with 6 participants because waiting for 10 could be a long journey - or cause the GMTO to fail. My preference is without bellows tongue but would still join if the majority votes in favour of the half bellows tongue.
I echo this view about getting things closed out if the opportunity is there with the 6 participants level.

I’ve a big preference for the half-bellows tongue. Having it already on my black pair I am keen for the same on these.

Let’s get going…

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rest in Peace (Aldershot)

View attachment 2158971

I wonder where C&J got the inspiration for the Aldershot, may be here?

In 2013 John Lobb (Paris) showed a collection of bespoke shoes to represent the "Spirit of the Cities". This particular model represented London:

Lobb Spirit London.png

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi all does anyone know how last 335 fits vs the Islay last 365? I am UK9.5 in Islay and am wondering if 335 would give me the same fit or if I would need to size up by half. :)

aquatherm

Reaction score
With regards to prices, sadly for me they have now passed my personal spend limit of £500 . I just bought a pair of RMW Rickaby derby boots at £400 (which the wife doesn't know about yet 😅) and that will be the last pair of nice shoes I'll ever buy. I was eyeing up the Chelsea 11 and Kelso but they are now north of £500 😪😓

So I have 2 chukkas, 2 chelseas, 2 derby boots, and 1 pair of Oxfords. More than enough for all occasions

WS19

Reaction score
Unfortunately that might rule me out of the Islay tan scotchgrain GMTO. I probably needed an ex-VAT option under about £525 to avoid punitive import charges.

Tan GMTO with 6 participants, plus tongue option, shipping and duties is going to be about 1.5 times the local price (tax included) for a stock dark brown scotchgrain Islay, and with the latter I get support from the retailer here if there are issues.

Marmite89

Reaction score
Hi all does anyone know how last 335 fits vs the Islay last 365? I am UK9.5 in Islay and am wondering if 335 would give me the same fit or if I would need to size up by half. :)
The short version is I find I’m the same size in both 335 and 365. I personally find 365 more comfortable, hence the reason I favour Islay as much as I do.

335 was one I took some time getting right. I size down 0.5 from my normal for both 335 and 365 vs what I’d say is my normal size 9.

Moostyle

Reaction score
The short version is I find I’m the same size in both 335 and 365. I personally find 365 more comfortable, hence the reason I favour Islay as much as I do.

335 was one I took some time getting right. I size down 0.5 from my normal for both 335 and 365 vs what I’d say is my normal size 9.
Thanks for the feedback much appreciated! 365 is indeed an amazing fitting last, such a sweet spot between comfort and looks.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

I take my usual size in both 335 and 365.
However. I find 335 to be more comfortable. The 365 tends to be a bit tight/restricted in the throat/instep area. This is all personal and dependent on your feet ofcourse

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellejohn2k19