• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pattern contest finalsts

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I voted for mildly consumptive, who managed to have a lot of things going on while still keeping a harmonious look. He got extra points for including shoes and socks, and while the tie was solid, it made good use of texture.

Brownshoe was hurt by bad photography - I couldn't really see the details of his entry.

Edmorel's entry had many of the virtues of mildly consumptive, but was just a little too gimmicky in the use of brown and blue. It is a combination I like and use, but I decided to give the nod to the more classic entry.

Baron could have gotten first place too, but mc's bonus points for socks and shoes tipped the scale.

bigbris, master shake were too loud for my taste. zipj3's entry, while loud and colorful, was killed by the suit. The closed up 3 roll 2 is just too stiff for such exuberant colors. Paired with a nice and easy two button or DB summer suit and I would have given this more consideration (as a bonus, if that is an RLPL square, I have the same one) (oops . . I just noticed that zipj3 didn't make the official entry cut, but I will leave the comments in).

Aharris's entry is a clear winner for real life business wear. Perhaps too boardroom for this contest, but perfect in every way.

iamatt: There is no use talking to this guy. His best bet is to turn off the lights before choosing a square.

Brownshoe

Reaction score
Wish I could remember where I got those socks.

Dopey--

The photography is indeed poor, but if you're curious, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger and see more detail.

Any points for the particularly elegant and lovely setting?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brownshoe
Wish I could remember where I got those socks. Dopey-- The photography is indeed poor, but if you're curious, you can click on the pictures to make them bigger and see more detail. Any points for the particularly elegant and lovely setting?
I clicked on the pics - thanks. You can have points for the setting, but not in this contest. I am afraid the larger pictures didn't help you. The shirt looks washed out and dull and spreads its pallor everywhere. Shirts like that do really well with tan suits or with navy suits or with navy or pink ties that bring out the brightness of the yellow. Yellow seems to look good with light gray too. I don't like it here.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey

iamatt: There is no use talking to this guy. His best bet is to turn off the lights before choosing a square.

This is clearly the inane post of the day
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Edmorel's entry had many of the virtues of mildly consumptive, but was just a little too gimmicky in the use of brown and blue. It is a combination I like and use, but I decided to give the nod to the more classic entry.

Why you hurt me so bad
cry.gif

Iammatt could have some of the worst pocket squares known to man
tounge.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Why you hurt me so bad
cry.gif
tounge.gif

for the record, when I took those first two pics, I owned exactly two silk pocket squares (both of which were free gifts), so I used them*. You will see that the final two submissions made wonderful use of much more subtle pocket squares to great effect. *they are both very nice squares and the other one went perfectly with the look. They should have been tucked in more, but you can all **** off nonetheless
tounge.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Why you hurt me so bad
cry.gif

I voted for you. I didn't find it gimmicky at all.

tounge.gif
I think bad squares are less the problem than really ill advised use of said squares.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe Manton or Kent stated extra points for background. Baron has two patterns in his background pic that actually match his outfit.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
for the record, when I took those first two pics, I owned exactly two silk pocket squares (both of which were free gifts), so I used them*. You will see that the final two submissions made wonderful use of much more subtle pocket squares to great effect. *they are both very nice squares and the other one went perfectly with the look. They should have been tucked in more, but you can all **** off nonetheless
tounge.gif

I don't understand your complaint. Are you blaming manton for picking the wrong entry for you, or do you want special consideration because you didn't have the tools to do the job? Either way, I have no sympathy for whiners who try to make their problems my problem. I noticed that I forgot to comment on cravate noire's entry. I liked it, especially in the real world, workplace use category. But the fact that I forgot to mention it the first time around demonstrates a lack of the zing needed to stand out in this contest.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't understand your complaint. Are you blaming manton for picking the wrong entry for you, or do you want special consideration because you didn't have the tools to do the job?

Either way, I have no sympathy for whiners who try to make their problems my problem.

You are cruel and do not believe in the idea of a Safety Net. Shame on you.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Shoe Fairy officially endorses Matt's pocket squares.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
The Shoe Fairy officially endorses Matt's pocket squares.

I was hoping to see an entry from you wearing Shattuck suit and some EG spectators.

Omegablogger

Reaction score
I voted for iammatt for two reasons. His ensemble was the one that I would most like to wear, secondly he is a UK 8.5 shoe size and may have more Kiton's.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william.robertshaw08